Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I'm not ready. We were supposed to get about 2" of this awful stuff. BUT the weather for next week was 5-6o every day (around 42F ). Ah, I can wait to put my snow tires on. It'll melt by then.

This is what we had yesterday at around 2pm

This is what I woke up to this a.m. AT LEAST 8-9" . And it's started again while I'm typing, just as heavy as it can. No wind though so no drifting.

Good thing I don't need to go anywhere for the foreseeable future.

And this is the bird bath--poor little guys. Need snow shoes :frown:
Maybe it's a Christmas Angel Food cake :wink:

I hate winter :frown:

Attachments

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,440 Posts
I'll be the odd one out... I LOVE snow! Enough of it cancels work, but a little bit of it means I can get out and have a little fun!

I need to move farther north...

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,353 Posts
I'll be the odd one out... I LOVE snow! Enough of it cancels work, but a little bit of it means I can get out and have a little fun!

I need to move farther north...
I work for myself and from home so snow can't cancel work for me. I too enjoy the fun part of it, but most of my time responding to snow is work. I have spent multiple long days in the seat of my tracked skid steer pushing snow in addition to the hand shoveling required - sometimes just to get to the loader. In the end, I would give up the fun to also get rid of all the work.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,685 Posts
We don't get as much snow, typically.

But, in true British fashion, we do get the wrong type of snow.
At least, that is the excuse for a light dusting bringing the transport system to a halt.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK32 AMG
69 Posts
UP in Wisconsin we have only had a light snow so far this winter. I got my 32 in storage the night before the snow started flying. It does give a nice bit of time to do some up keep on the car and as much as i love driving her I am glad to be able to keep some miles off (i have 55k on the car now and its a 02)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts