Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Just a message to apologize for the missing posts/threads today the site was attacked twice and the DB would not process the posts correctly so they kinda just vanished from the front end.

As always our forum host Bill T is currently grinding the issue into dust and normal service should be resumed shortly not sure how much of the posts can be recovered but anything that can be will be so please lets show our thanks to Bill for the hard work that goes on even when the site appears to be at 100% it really never ends with a site like this.

Any issues/comments whatever it would be greatly appreciated if you could fire them off to me instead of Bill the poor guy has 600+ e-mails to sort out and he has enough to do already without adding to that total so lets cut him some slack hey.

Again sorry about this.

Regards,
Dan

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Thanks a million mate. :)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
You don´t have to appologize at all mate. Thanks for your work.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Bill, we have half past nine in the morning ;o)))

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Good work Bill and Dan.
Wonder why people are so sad to try and hack these things, just for fun i assume?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
just been through some threads and realised some of my posts missing and others.
this sucks, wish they could just leave our wee slkworld alone.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
two :tu: :tu: for the effort. thanks for working hard to keep this site up.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats the effect it has on the front end threads that where already started lost posts they just completely disappeared and new threads while keeping the placeholders on the forum pages just lead to blank screens.

I will find out how much has been restored and how much is to badly damaged but if you wanna re-post the stuff then by all means go right ahead.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
who cares as much to want to hack a car forum.

Haters.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Thanks Bill for fixing it and wasting your time for us. :tu:

The people who do this are probably the same people who get pleasure from keying nice vehicles.
I've had a similar idea, as Bill wrote: "We had a post that contained some malicious code that ..." In our case it was a member of this forum, in mcat's thread is was an employee of his office, or am I mistaken.
:tazz:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I tried to repost my pics and stuff from the Test Drive Unlimited game, but it won't let me. Should I go in and try to manually delete the pictures and redo the post or just wait for a while?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have deleted the thread if you start over it should be OK now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.