Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was bath day..spent a good 2 hours in the garage with the owners manual, mr color chip, new plate holders removing the dealership brand off the back and front of my car. Did the glass, microfibered her.. she was ready to drive. Spent another half an hour adjusting the new nav and sound system. Im ready to go..

The SECOND I pull onto the highway what happens? A baby blue lexus suv has to cut me off and make it into the merge lane ahead of me [even though we're still both on the on ramp. Not more than 5 seconds later the guy cuts me off, and is so worried about watching me in his rear view mirror that he swerves onto a guard rail off of the lane and dings his own paint job.

mb drivers 1
lexus 0 :biglaugh:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,464 Posts
cool!!!! no pics?

·
93,464 Posts
no, of the accident. i thought you were going to enter the rotm?

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,926 Posts
I would have loved to witness that! Way to go!!! Right now i'm using a mounted droid while awaiting a GoPro...

I enjoy watching Jon's video's.:)

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Strategically speaking...I would rather see a Lexus bite a guardrail in my rear view mirror than in front of me.....that debris can be harmful to SLK tires you know!

Seriously, I've had people cut me off on purpose while I'm driving the SLK.....but never when I'm in the big Ford truck. I don't get the mentality of risking one's safety to make a juvenile point....as if there is a point to make? I would guess this sort of stupid behavior is inversely proportional to intelligence!

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just continuing my driving thread stories. Todays story happened at 7am on the way to work. I was at a red light and an older gentleman was crossing the street in the middle of the road instead of the crosswalk, so he had to walk around the front of the car. He stopped, he smiled while scoping it out and he said "nice car ma'am" with the biggest smile. What a cutie patootie.

·
93,464 Posts
Just continuing my driving thread stories. Todays story happened at 7am on the way to work. I was at a red light and an older gentleman was crossing the street in the middle of the road instead of the crosswalk, so he had to walk around the front of the car. He stopped, he smiled while scoping it out and he said "nice car ma'am" with the biggest smile. What a cutie patootie.

well, this happened to me

not really, old vid but new to slk320chick!!!

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
The SECOND I pull onto the highway what happens? A baby blue lexus suv has to cut me off and make it into the merge lane ahead of me [even though we're still both on the on ramp. Not more than 5 seconds later the guy cuts me off, and is so worried about watching me in his rear view mirror that he swerves onto a guard rail off of the lane and dings his own paint job.

mb drivers 1
lexus 0 :biglaugh:
The Lexus driver had a premonition & knew someone was going to hit the gaudrail, after seeing your car all sparkling clean & shiny, he did it himself.
Or was it the glare from your newly cleaned car that blinded him;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts