Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chamber of Commerce morning in San Diego and I've been up and down the coast enjoying life with the top down, even had a little early lunch at a stop along the way. I think you need to jump on the car a little when doing this, to avoid what just happened. Read on.

On the way back home there is a small downgrade, a traffic light, then a big 2 lane pull going up hill. Maybe 3/4 of a mile up that grade. I have the SLK280 automatic dropped down a gear for gentle descent to the light. LOVE the 7 speed.

Coming down the small downgrade a white Lincoln Navigator comes sliding down the hill, around me to the right (just fine), but then slinks back in front of me even though the lane he was in is clear. Now we're at the light.

I'm thinking - is there some attitude here, I mean really?

The light changes and I get to find out. Sure enough he jumps on that thing like "eat my dust, Nav V8 choking you". I'm like - dude - you're driving a glorified Mini-Van, you cannot be serious!

So I'm stuck to his bumper like GLUE to see how fast we can get him - it was 78 in a 45 zone before he let up. There is a elbow at the point where all that black stuff stopped puffing out of the tailpipe so I guess discretion was the better part of valor for this guy.

Anyway, I had plenty of time to blow by, separate, brake, and make my turn.

I KNOW this guy would not have had this chip on his shoulder if I was driving my old 06 Accord, but I don't want to have to chase every car in the neighborhood either.

Oh we'll will keep a few of them honest anyway... R)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Yeah it can get a bit annoying when you're passing some beat up pickup at 70MPH, and they decide to make you pass them at a significant higher speed.

Most of all I drive on roads that aren't too busy, and I hate like when you say someone just cuts in front of you for no reason because it's things like that that really add to the bumper nicks.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
You know these big vehicles are noisy too aren't they? I mean, for me, the top down can be a bit annoying sometimes with all these loud, not in a good way, vehicles around. :) The big tires and everything.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know this is one thing that really gets me - these trucks. I enjoy listening to the exhaust note, audible if you are in the car but it certainly would not be noticed by anyone else, and one of these trucks comes by - Nissan Titan (factory new) comes to mind but there are LOADS of customs in SoCal and I cannot hear to think and thats with the top up.

Yes they should be able to enjoy their vehicle and blub blub blub wherever it takes them but it seems to be some kind of contest - who is louder - lately. :mad:

You know these big vehicles are noisy too aren't they? I mean, for me, the top down can be a bit annoying sometimes with all these loud, not in a good way, vehicles around. :) The big tires and everything.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And we don't mess with pimp rods that may have druggers onboard, nor when we see an occupied child seat in there.

Then there was last week on Interstate 15, doing 70 and there was this amigo in an old brown van that kept trying to wedge me in on the right. I couldn't believe I counted 7 passengers in there and he as putting them all at risk. He was headed north, maybe that had something to do with it...

I've got to ask, what size wheels on the Navigator, were they chrome 24" or 22" spinners.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts