Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a R170 in very good condition, I have updated all services and cleared all codes. It is a 6 speed manual transmission, which there lies the rub. My wife gets sciatica pains when she drives it...and I did buy it for her.

Now the question is should I find another R170, or move up a generation? New is not an option or desire. I have always had a hankering for the 32AMG but very hard to find. AMG55 may be out of reach for a toy.

But I fell so hard for this little roadster...I must have one to the end. Opinions and all feedback greatly appreciated!

·
Founding Member 2006
108,941 Posts
SLK 32 AMG or the top SLK 55 AMG B aby!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey,

I have just upgraded to a 2005 r171 from my 2001 r170.

My thoughts so far are that I made a good choice. The r171 is much modern within the cabin and handles much more like a sports car. Steering feedback is much more positive. I would also say subjectively that there are less rattles too!

I feel a bit sad that I will be letting my r170 go because it still is a good looking car. It was my first merc.

If you have any specific questions please let me know.
James

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK32 AMG
5,641 Posts
I had an '02 SLK230. Wantd to upgrade and got an '04 SLK 32. Absolutely no regrets. And yes good ones are hard to find. I was color specific and it took about 6 months to find want I wanted. I keep up with 32's for sale. Usually about 10 at any one time.
Rarely anything in NC. Had mine shipped form Colorado. If you really want one...just be patient and careful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.