Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going on a camping trip in a couple of weeks so need space. Anyone any experiences with Tirefit sealant? I reckon Holts Tyreweld does the same thing and a good deal cheaper? Frankly the spacesaver wheel is such a faf! Until recently I never realised that you actually had to put air in the thing. It's a pain to deflate and fit back in to space, heavy and takes up a lot of valuable camping equipment space. What are your thoughts people for long term or temporary precaution.

·
Premium member 2014 SLK200
2,001 Posts
My R172 came with the 'pump 'n gunge' kit but I have also recently purchased a string kit as I see that as easier to use and less hassle - assuming a basic puncture in the tread area of they tyre. Anything sidewall related would most likely require breakdown assistance anyway.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My R172 came with the 'pump 'n gunge' kit but I have also recently purchased a string kit as I see that as easier to use and less hassle - assuming a basic puncture in the tread area of they tyre. Anything sidewall related would most likely require breakdown assistance anyway.
True.. God forbid! R171 has a little pump. Think I'll go with sealant. Maybe I'll get an extra 1bhp at the wheels for weight saving

Maya~Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts