Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wife and I just finished a 6300 mile adventure in our "New" 2005 SLK350.
Still married.... While on the trip I had some vibration, stopped and had the wheels re-balanced. Helped alot and got us home. The front tires were cupped on the inside, and the new rears I had put on now have some serious weights on them.
Before the trip I had rear tires installed, and the fellow that put them on said one of the wheels was not running round, but that it balanced out,so I assume that is the one with alot of weights on it.
The fellow that rebalanced the wheels said they were all way out of balance. He had heard that the cupping could come from improper alignment and or worn Struts. I am going to buy a set of wheels from someone in the forum and replace the front tires, and hope for the best on the rears. Car has 49k on it now.
Any thoughts on strut replacement, alignment issues?

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Have you run the search function. Seems to me there were several threads concerning wear - especially on the inside - due to the large amount of camber that MB uses.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Replaced rear CS3s at 10K which seems to be about the normal limit....fronts have about 70% life at 14K. My tire guy was amazed at the lack of weight required for balancing the new CS3 rears. Fronts have never been rebalanced.

I'm wondering about having all tires pulled and rebalanced as a preventitive measure after 5K. Not sure if I will gain anything. Comments?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.