Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RF tire has some wear on the inside edge, when I asked my Indy mechanic he said a camber kit is needed to prevent that kind of wear. He made it sound kind of expensive and special, but a look on ebay came up with many cheap options including MB eccentric replacement bolt, 000-333-09-71 / 0003330971 / Mercedes Alignment (not sure if that is front or rear). What I am wondering is if I want to deviate from OEM alignment, which as I understand it has some negative camber, and if so remove all the negative camber or just go to the lower end of MB suggested?

Some Questions:

Camber good/bad?

How much?

Just bump up the tire pressure 2 or 3 psi?

Which camber kit did you choose, what camber setting?

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
729 Posts
Need a picture but excessive inner wear is usually improper toe out or wear on suspension parts.
How's the on center and pull?

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
881 Posts
Both BMW and MB like to wear out the inside of tires faster than other cars. I think that is part of why they feel so solid. If you are stock height then I would get an alignment done to see what the issue is. Like VII7 said, it isn't necessarily camber. If you lowered your car, then that will add camber. I bought the full links for my car as I lowered it, but don't have them installed yet. The eccentric bolts are weaker than the stock ones, so I am always leery of using them, but I know many do. If the toe is off, then that is adjustable already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts