Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
746 Posts
I currently have Sumitomo tires on my car, and am interested in exploring another brand. Any suggestions? I just discovered a flat tire this am, luckily in my garage so I am in the market come Monday morning:frown:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I use the OEM Continental ExtremeContact DW. The factory code tires are different from the generic ones. Michelin Pilot Sports are also excellent and work well on the SLK. Cheap, off-brand tires frequently cause bizarre handling quirks to appear so I stick with quality European tires for my M-Bs

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,440 Posts
There are many choices. You need to decide what you are looking for in a tire. SLK comes with High Performance Summer tires. The rears tires will out in 10k to 12k miles. Great for handling. Some like all season performance tires where tire wear is 20k plus, not for high performance but good for ever day driving. Then are are some type between these two options. What are you looking for in a tire?

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking for an all around quality tire, you know, shopping, short commute to work, and more shopping:laugh:

·
Registered--SLK is no more
352 Posts
I have Pirelli P Zero 255/35 on the back and 245/45 on the front and they are rubbish in the wet :( They can be given some abuse in the dry tho.
I used to have Kumho Ecsta on my old 123D (remapped) Coupe and they were amazing. I will be going for them next! Cheap too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ive used Khumos for about eight years now after reading some excellent reviews, I have not been dissapointed, the Aldi/Lidl of the tyre world!!

Regards all

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.