Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IT IS A BRAKE PAD WARNING LIGHT - SORRY & THANKS

Hello Everybody, thanks for any assistance you may offer.

I have a 2001 SLK and about a month ago the Tire Pressure Light came on. So of course I stopped at a gas station, checked my tire pressure and the light went away for a day or 2. Now it seems to come on whenever I press the brakes, it could have been doing that before and I just never made the connection but now it's very obvious, pressing the brakes triggers my tire pressure sensor. It's not an occasional problem, it is every time I press the brakes... I tap the brakes and the light blinks, I press on the brakes and the light stays on.

Recent changes to my car:
3 months ago I replaced all 4 tires at America's Discount Tire
1 month ago I first noticed the tire pressure light
1 week ago I replaced both Tail Light housing with LED housing
2 days ago I realized a direct connection between pressing the brakes and the tire pressure light.

Thanks for all your help

Charlie

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,748 Posts
The experts will wake up soon to help you, so please stand by!

In the meantime do us a favor and update your profile with your vehicle information. This makes it easier for our bleary eyed guru's to answer your questions!

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,665 Posts
It's a brake pad light.

Change the brake pads before you are down to the disks and it costs a bundle more.

·
Registered
287 Posts
When I bought my 320, some moron had put "run flat " tires on it. Without a TPM you don't know what is going on with the tires. The right front had 58lb of pressure, left rear had 22. Got new tires, next day. Also discovered they had front and rear rims mixed up. After that I went over the car with a fine tooth comb.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,419 Posts
What you are seeing is a circle with 6 dashes around it? If that is it it is brake pads. Check owners manual page 70.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,344 Posts
Thanks, after reading your post I checked the manual and it is my Brake Pads warning light, not a Tire Pressure Sensor
Y)

He figured it out folks and edited his first post

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Replace with new brake pads and new brake wear sensor(s) as indicated.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
If all is working right, the indicator light comes on at 3mm and minimum is 2mm. So you've got some time to get them attended to, lots more with the rears. It's not like you have to stop driving and tow the car somewhere.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If all is working right, the indicator light comes on at 3mm and minimum is 2mm. So you've got some time to get them attended to, lots more with the rears. It's not like you have to stop driving and tow the car somewhere.
True, but don't get complacent and ignore the very helpful sensor that Mercedes built into these cars or you'll be forking over a lot more cash for rotors as well as pads and new sensors. Yes, replace the sensors too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.