Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of posting this in every interior thread, ill post it here....

By now everyone knows to use VIPPonds paint to mimic factory rubberized texture.on your r170 console, door handles, etc. The problem is, its very difficult to get a uniform coating, and despite using several application methods, my ocd would always notice minor brush strokes that made me wonder if my passengers could tell it was touched up. It also seemed to chip easier on the repainted parts than facrory, but I stumbled across a secret at the auto paint specialty Store...

Its called an easy sprayer. Its a small canister of compressed air, with a nozzle for spraying, and a small glass compartment to load your paint. This is for minor touchup of Body panels, and they say you need to dilute paint to use, but it just so happens the Vipponds paint is the perfect consistency to poor in and get Right to work.

This was purchased at fasteners supply in Cleveland, but have also seen it at sherwin Williams auto paint stores. It provides a smooth uniform coating. Same texture as factory. Holds up better than when brushed. Is acurate enough to spray while IN the car. And best of all.... The complete spray gun kit is only $4.50!

I needed to buy two, because my first did either run out of air or get clogged, but I think its because my vipponds paint came with my car when I bought it.and was 10 years old, so im starting to get some rubber floaters in it. Nonetheless it provided a perfect factory coating with very little effort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.