Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I've lurked here for a little while whilst finding my perfect new car. My family have always been merc fans and I've always wanted an SLK since they first came out! However I didn't have my driving licence then as I wasn't old enough!

Anyway I'm now in a position to purchase one and I've bought my first ever SLK and I pick it up on Saturday and I'm so very excited!! I've got a 230K 2002, R170, in black with black leather. Can't wait! My other half and I are already debating whether the SLK will beat his Scooby. I suspect his would but I'm enjoying winding him up!!

Probably improper to ask a question in my first post but I'm finding so much conflicting information. Its got the merc stereo still in, I don't think its the BOSE system and I want to put my own stereo in which has an AUX port to plug in my iPhone. Some places says that I will need a wiring harness whilst other places such as halfords (those in the UK will know their reputation I'm sure!) say that the harness and adapator isn't needed!

We had so much hassle getting the stereo into my old car (mk5 astra) that I want to do my research before I truly pee my other half off trying to get it to work!!!

Thanks and hi again!!!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome from NW Blighty.... :)

Enjoy your SLK and being here...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your warm welcome. Look forward to hanging around (also known as avoiding uni work!)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,496 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts