Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2013 SLK350/2008 SLK280
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please lend me a time machine?
I’m curious as to when SLK’s will be worth anything? I bought my current 2008 SLK 280 in September last year. Spent around £5000 on parts and major service items, total cost over 9 months around 12,000 of our finest English pounds 🙀
Just had a valuation of less than £5000 from a major car trade site here in the UK 😾
Smile Product Organism Font Happy

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
*Registered
641 Posts
I was reading the ULEZ and someone mentioned the custom plates are not always recognized.
I am not saying it is the case with yours, but have you tried with the HK plate as on the pic?
Just to see if it going to get any better!
For a contrast, my R reg, wasn't accepted as too old on some P/X sites and almost all online scrapyards, back in the days.

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG
773 Posts
If you keep it long enough, it'll be worth more than you paid. At 14 years old, it's just a youngster (like you I guess!!) at 25 YO, it may start to be worth more...... If you can pay for the servicing costs for that long !!!

·
*Premium Member
2013 SLK350/2008 SLK280
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you keep it long enough, it'll be worth more than you paid. At 14 years old, it's just a youngster (like you I guess!!) at 25 YO, it may start to be worth more...... If you can pay for the servicing costs for that long !!!
I will be 75 if I or the car live that long 😹
If they are worth a lot more in Canada 🍁, I will have to work out the shipping cost and sell it there…… as long as they don’t mind the steering wheel being on the ‘correct’ side 😼
Car Plant Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
1,830 Posts
@Luckyrat I'm Swedish (living in the UK) and my 55 is worth quite a bit here. However, in Sweden it's worth almost THREE times as much!

Even with import dues, taxes and al the other b**t hurt the governments (probably both of them! :) ) would put me through, I'd still make a good nice profit if I'd export it.

Although.. Because my car have the steering wheel on the right side (oldest joke in the world! :D :D ), it might not be worth as much, but still..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts