Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of changing the shock absorbers on my 11 year old SLK350. It has exactly 28211 miles on the clock. It is in excellent condition but most of those miles were done on London roads and with the potholes and speed humps I think it's time for new shocks.
I'm thinking of Bilsteins. Has anyone used these shocks on their SLK? If so how do they compare to standard factory shocks?

If you've used other performance shocks what were they and how would they compare to standard ones?

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Banned
330 Posts
I have Bilstein B6s on the rear, and they aren't much different from the stockers.

The B6 struts I ordered from TireRack in August just came in! I've assembled them with new springs and top hats. I'll install them sometime next week. The ride height will increase 0.5", and the suspension will have a bit more travel. I expect a softer ride and more clearance for the chin spoiler. We'll see.

Putting Bilsteins on is always a good idea. Bilstein gives a free lifetime replacement on them, but your car will likely end up in the junkyard before they fail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts