Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for this, but couldnt find a link and I thought it'd be an interesting survey; so...

#of Tickets in SL(K) : 0
#of Tickets Lifetime: 4 (2speeding, 2not complete stop)
Time Owned SL(K): 9mo

if you guys have any other info. you'd like to see, just add it.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
I've searched for this, but couldnt find a link and I thought it'd be an interesting survey; so...

#of Tickets in SLK : 2
#of Tickets Lifetime: 9+ (7+ speeding, 2 misc.)
Time Owned SL(K): 3 years

·
Registered
610 Posts

#of Tickets in SL(K) : 1
#of Tickets Lifetime: I'm too old to remember all of them! R)
Time Owned SL(K): 7 months

·
Registered
940 Posts
#of Tickets Lifetime: 1, driving a friends Honda CRV to Mammoth (road is very straight like Vegas and I was literally going same pace as other cars but he happened to like me I guess)
Time Owned SL(K): Over a year

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Number of tickets lifetime: mumble, mumble!
Number of speeding tickets: all but two! :burnout::burnout:
Number of tickets in the SLK: I only had it for a month; give me a chance! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Only 1 speeding ticket in my life - in a Renault Kangaroo van (all the rest of my vehicles have been toooo fast to catch:):)).

Reminds me of the road trip to southern Poland in a Punto "Love, peddle faster if we want to clear this overpass, I'm already in 2nd gear and we're losing ground."!!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
#of Tickets Lifetime: 1, driving a friends Honda CRV to Mammoth (road is very straight like Vegas and I was literally going same pace as other cars but he happened to like me I guess)
Time Owned SL(K): Over a year
YUP! exact same thing happened to me on the way to Mammoth. That route is a designated speed trap! :mad::mad::mad::soap: Was it near 'Bishop' or something? I was in a rented SUV, going the speed of traffic (which i admit was PROBABLY over the limit) and i was the only one pulled over. When asked by the officer, he said i was passing and the other cars were going the limit. Which is absolutely untrue.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how you'd not go fast on those little hills on the 395 i'll never know. i actually got a pontiac grand am up to 135 on that road. pieces of the frame started to rattle off, but was well worth it :tu:

·
Registered
600 Posts
1 ticket on my SLK for doing 90 on a 55. this year.
1 ticket on my Isuzu Rodeo for doing 95 on a 45. back 2002.
I am so cheap I am scared to floor it.
Here you get $50 for going over the limit and $5 dollars per mile over.

Tons of parking tickets, but i dont pay much attention to those. I go out a lot at night so cops are always loooking for an excuse. Most areas here have been painted and repainted in so any different colors, no one knows really.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Life time: 2 speeding tickets (1 thrown out of court and 1 reduced to a non-moving violation). .... In SLK55 - None but a few close calls R)

·
Registered
940 Posts
YUP! exact same thing happened to me on the way to Mammoth. That route is a designated speed trap! :mad::mad::mad::soap: Was it near 'Bishop' or something? I was in a rented SUV, going the speed of traffic (which i admit was PROBABLY over the limit) and i was the only one pulled over. When asked by the officer, he said i was passing and the other cars were going the limit. Which is absolutely untrue.
About an hour from Bishop I believe. Flow of traffic was about 80, at the time of my ticket I was doing 82 and had several cars behind me...:soap:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
My last ticket was in 1981 and it was for doing 60 on the freeway (speed limit was 55 then). I was on a GPZ550 (motorcycle), I thought that was pretty CS (Chicken **it)... as a matter of fact, I still think it was pretty CS. :tazz:

The other side of the coin is that far too many times I have gone way too fast and not been stopped, so I guess in the long run, I'm really way ahead of the game. And when it comes down to it, as bad as it is, a ticket is still better than a crash.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yup. I know the area well. Used to go up and down there a lot. Always have my Valentine ONE with me and usually helps me to avoid getting stopped....but it is not 100%.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.