Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok turned ignition on 2nd click left for 2 mins was making clicking buzzing noise then was a light buzz super charger throttle body butterfly is straight up and can move with your fingers.the other throttle body the one that makes the engine rev is flat and you can't move the butterfly with your finger,turn ignition off moves fine what to do next please think this is the reason the car wont rev.have fitted another throttle body just the same

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do hope so it's the wife's car she wanted another make i came home with this one was

great for 6 month if i can sort it will be in good books maybe for the whole day lol

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
4,685 Posts
So you put a second throttle body in and saw the same symptoms?

The acceleration pedal sensor is a common culprit, you should watch it while you press the accelerator.

I presume you've checked the fuses?

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,433 Posts
the throttle will not move when power is applied. the motor will not let it which is normal. while the ignition is on, move the throttle cable (next to the brake reservoir) and see if the throttle moves with your inputs. if it does not, then I would suspect a possible throttle position sensor issue.

if you force the throttle plate to move with ignition on, you can strip the gears inside... I've done it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

I had something similar.
Eng rpm sensor, rear enginge lefthand where the enging and the gearboc meet.

Readout came with eng rpm sensor.
For instructions see Pelicanparts.

Grz Eric.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
garage now

Ok thanks for trying booked into a mercedes garage but not a main dealer

8th august low loader booked to take it not happy but needs must lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts