Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the three displaced Americans living in Germany finally managed to link up. Yesterday, "Bradmg", "DesignoSLK" and myself "KTownAMG" linked up in Kaiserslautern Germany and spent the day touring the Mosel river "Winestrasse". The weather, roads and sites were great. BTW, The wine was awesome as usual... Attached are a couple of pics from the trip.

I'm sure Brad has some pic's I hope he shares with us later. Brad, Thanks for make the trip across Germany to meet up with us! We hope to make it to your neck of the woods in the very near future. Kev, let's plan for the Johanneskruez when I get back from travel at the end of the month...

This wouldn't have been possible without this great forum. Thanks all! :rockon:

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Cool pics!!! Looks like a lot of fun!:rb

Thanks for sharing.

SLKman:tu:

Next time you Three Amigos should put your hands on your hips, turn your heads and pelvic thrust for the picture! LoL No wait...thats sound kinda weird all of a sudden! LOL NEVERMIND!!! LOL (guess you have to see the movie to understand.)

·
Registered 2016 SLK55 AMG w/P30
654 Posts
Man that scenery looks spectacular. Ktown you're gonna be over on this side of the pond, in SA no less, this month right? Lemme know when and I'll buy ya a beer or a glass of wine at one of my two fav lil' places!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Great pix and scenery. Great company and rides. :tu:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Steve and Kevin, we had a great time and made it back home fine. Let us know if you can make it over this way and we'll show you around Czech or Bavaria, your choice.

Here are a few more pictures of the trip.
We kept trying to get some good shots with both of you in front but there wasn't enough room to get you both around a curve with a good backdrop.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Nice cruise and pics!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Hi,
you German Americans.
You have choosen a very nice tour! :rb Mosel valley

And thanks for the pics. :)

I think the castle is a ruin above a small town at the Mosel river, Bernkastel-Kues. (Correct me, if I am wrong)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'll have to leave the actual location to Steve or Kevin. I think that Bernd is correct but don't remember where that specific one is. There are so many old castle ruins around the country, especially along the larger river valleys that they seem to run together for me. Like I told Steve, I'm great at pointing out interesting things to see but rarely know anything about them. All the guys who fly with me and are new to the area agree.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll have to leave the actual location to Steve or Kevin. I think that Bernd is correct but don't remember where that specific one is. There are so many old castle ruins around the country, especially along the larger river valleys that they seem to run together for me. Like I told Steve, I'm great at pointing out interesting things to see but rarely know anything about them. All the guys who fly with me and are new to the area agree.
Bernd is correct, it is Bernkastel-Kues. I know I've spent many a drunken night in this town when I was younger. One year my friends and I tried to hit every winefest on the Mosel. I think we made it to the end of July and our bodies said enough. But it was a valent attempt.

Brad, Gina and I will definately make it your way. I've never been to Czech and really want to see it. Most likely Oct timeframe...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.