Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for input for anyone who has put any of the Becker units (Indianapolis, Traffic Pro, Cascade, etc.) into their R170 SLK.

I have a Traffic Pro all ready to go, with US maps and antenna, but want to add either Ipod or at least USB/ SDHC capability to mine. There are several options on market to do both, but I am also considering adding one of the Parrot MKi9100 so I can get Bluetooth telephone.

The Parrot, has its own Ipod/ media input as part of its hide-away unit. Thus if I went with it, I wouldn't need the Becker specific connectors and could use it instead to control ipod.

The big thing for me and more important than the BT is that I have a fairly integrated option which allows for control of the ipod via the controls on the head-unit, which at least one of the Becker specific kits does offer. The Parrot unit I believe simply interrupts the amplifier on the Becker and plays phone calls, and any media device connected to it through its own internal amp, thus requiring one to control things through the Parrot control.

I am seeking feedback from other Becker head-unit owners as to what they are doing for both Auxiliary and telephone, if at all. As well as being curious as to the sound quality for anyone that has bought and used the RCA output adapter to connect external amps to the Beckers.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,937 Posts
Old thread - and you may no longer be around, @conleyjb but I'm working through this for my SLK320 and a Becker Indianapolis. How did you get on?

Tempted to make a DIY post of my attempts. Lets do the research first though...

Savcom

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,520 Posts
He was on last: Last Activity: 11-10-2015
so hopefully he has subscribed to his thread and will be notified :D

·
2,937 Posts
Thanks Jeff.

I'll press on anyways. Need to order an adapter but if I've done my homework I should be good to go.

Cheers

·
2,937 Posts
Well I've made a start.

The Pioneer is out:
Pioneer.jpg

The Becker is in (sorry about the test Bluetooth unit)
Becker.jpg

While there is nothing wrong with the Pioneer - and it is an all-in-one Bluetooth headset, I don't like the look of the thing. It's too bright in the dash and isn't readable in sunshine. The Becker, however, sounds better and looks better... :smile:
So I'm putting the Pioneer on eBay and fitting a Bluetooth adapter in the Becker CD changer. I may put the Audio 10 unit up on eBay too.

I'll do a proper write up separately.

Savcom

·
2,937 Posts
He was on last: Last Activity: 11-10-2015
so hopefully he has subscribed to his thread and will be notified :D
He was on then - but in his last post he was contemplating selling his '320. It's therefore unlikely he'd be still around. :(

(Happy to be proved wrong though :wink: )

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,520 Posts
well his for sale ad is not closed or updated so one never knows :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.