Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*Premium Member
No SLK
16,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s late 1967, and Porsche has just lost the World Sportscar Manufacturers Championship to Ferrari by just two points.

For the 1968 season, the sport’s governing body, the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), announced new rules and regulations partly in an effort to reduce speeds during the season’s “crown jewel” endurance race, the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The previous year, the most slippery cars were doing 220 mph down the Mulsanne straight at the Circuit de la Sarthe during the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and so the FIA reduced the maximum allowed engine capacity – and in doing so, allowed Porsche to even the odds against its more powerful competition.

Boy that brings back childhood memories I had a slot car racetrack Made by Carerra and they had the Porsche and Ferrari in a 1/24 with the track dad and me raced each others for hours.

This Porsche 908 Is One Beautiful Way To Spend $3 Million - Petrolicious

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
I'm sorry....I thought this was the Mercedes SLK forum. I better get going then. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.