13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoying a ride to Tampa with my daughter to make a mall run when on

I-4 Westbound...doing 83...in a 60...$268.00...ouch...stupid me:(

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
OUCH! Prolly because it's before a holiday where max enforcement is usually the rule. Sorry about the incident.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,857 Posts
did you mention my name?!!!!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
92,857 Posts
absolutely!!!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
92,857 Posts
they might buy you lunch since they have taken enuff $$ from me!

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
166 Posts
Phew.. getting pulled over sucks any time it happens. I've lucked out over the past few years and haven't been pulled over for anything since..er.. well actually 2010 when I was hit with 73/55. Prior to that it was 2007 for 113/65...

Shoot..by that logic I'm due.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Sorry to hear of your unfortunate encounter.

One of my cars is American and red and, without much effort, seems to go quicker than the posted speed recommendations. While I often explained the safety features, the superb handling and braking capability of the car, to the officers i have met, they have not been sufficiently persuaded to just discuss the matter and be done with it and have, to my great surprise, insisted on issuing a violation.

I have another car, Japanese and not red, that rattles when traveling beyond the posted speed recommendation and the rattling alarms me that the car may be exceeding the posted speed recommendation so that car is not a problem.

Due to several unfortunate encounters while in the red car, I have learned to just set the cruise control on my SLK (Silver) at the posted speed recommendations and enjoy the scenery.

G
:Beer:b

·
Registered
72 Posts
My teenage son's excuse when stopped in his Corvette for going 95 MPH in a 45 MPH zone was: "the accelerator stuck to the floor, and I could not get it to release." The cop didn't care. My response when he explained it to me was: "why did you push the accelerator to the floor in a 45 MPH speed zone and save your money because you can now start paying for the car insurance as well as the ticket."

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
The newer LED light cluster for law enforcement vehicles are now low profile and hard to detect from a distance. In some states they are all white or all black and not black-and-white anymore, with low visibility markings.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts