Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at work.. phone rings.. I don't recognize the number.. so I don't pick up.

Phone rings again.. same number..
Phone rings YET again.. same number..

I finally call it back. it's my co-worker [the same one that convinced me not to change the color of the car]

"Luc.. why are your lights on? one of your rear tail lights is burned out but the right one is on and your lights are on get down here and shut them off".

I laughed and ran to the parking garage. THEN I had to explain to him [as MaryKay explained to me last month] what those extra parking buttons on the left were, the 2 extra green and red notches on the left side of your lights. When I told him what they were, he replied "well that's stupid right? nice wax job".

That was my lunchtime excitement today.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I presume the "parking" lights were on (probably just one side, front and back lamps).

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep.. exactly LOL.. I had NO idea what they were..until I think last month when MK told me on the phone, hell I didn't know how to turn on my fogs until the indy showed me when I got the spyders installed LOL!!

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
Yep.. exactly LOL.. I had NO idea what they were..until I think last month when MK told me on the phone, hell I didn't know how to turn on my fogs until the indy showed me when I got the spyders installed LOL!!
I'm glad to hear not all women read the instructions:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Our Euro members should chime in here...

Not so stupid really. Garages and driveways are rarer in Europe than NA...so you park on the street. The idea of those lights is to warn cars of your presence. In some cars it's a separate bulb (I've been told) that draws less than the standard parking lamp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts