Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see a lot of threads of people needing help, so I thought I would post a Positive thread. As some of you know right when I got the car I had some troubles, I immediately got it repaired by an amazing mechanic.

Now this car is so amazing. I really could not be happier. It's so responsive. I have noticed the excellent gas mileage too, I only fill it about every 11 days and it's my daily driver!!

I certainly do have to be careful though. I have caught my self a couple times pushing 100mph. I been trying to keep it close to the speed limit lately as to not get any tickets.

Anybody else having just an Awesome time rather than a bunch of issues!!

I love this car.

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,503 Posts
Absolutely, I love my car! Glad you love yours. I'd drive it to work everyday if rush hour here wasn't so bad. My 300S is great for a larger car on gas, but the SLK is much better and more fun to drive. My wife and I drive around the country roads with the top down on the weekends just to enjoy the drive.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
560 Posts
Totally agree. Awesome set of wheels. I have the SLK200 which, even though it's only a 1.8l, pushes me into the back of my seat when I put the foot down, I'd hate to think what I would be like if I had a 55. Frightening. :biglaugh:

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
597 Posts
I have niggles with my car but im a fussy old man anyway but always when im getting frustrated with it ill be out driving it and get a good stretch off road and I just love the little thing.

Dave

·
Registered
113 Posts
After riding motorcycles for 40 something years, all BMW, this car has replaced any thoughts of going for a "ride". Often, when showing it off to someone that I know I refer to it as, "have you seen my new motorcycle". For those of you that have never ridden a bike, NO you do not DRIVE a bike, you ride......you drive cattle or sheep, the SLK is for me, faster, smoother, sexier, goes through curves so slick, and allows one to lean over with one's darlin for some fun while driving. At a light of course. Anyway, I can go on and on; but it almost makes it great that my arthritis no longer allows me to ride for just a few miles and decide to take my NEW motorcycle for a ride instead. God bless.........Dennis

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,520 Posts
slkDennis,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t already.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’!
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car). http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
The nature of forums is people come to ask for help. But, the vast majority here have nothing but joy from their SLK's. They are wonderful machines and a pleasure to drive so it comes as no surprise to most of us that you love your car as well.

Be careful with the throttle, drive responsibly and stab her only when it's safe. This will insure that you enjoy it much longer. :tu:

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,503 Posts
The nature of forums is people come to ask for help. But, the vast majority here have nothing but joy from their SLK's. They are wonderful machines and a pleasure to drive so it comes as no surprise to most of us that you love your car as well.

Be careful with the throttle, drive responsibly and stab her only when it's safe. This will insure that you enjoy it much longer. :tu:
You can say that, your SLK is wearing big boy pants! Y)

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I am with Dennis,

I have a bike also and this year apart from some organised outlings incluiding a weekend riding all around Wales it has stayed pretty much in the garage since I got the SiLK.

Wifey wont come on the bike but she will come topless driving.... so to speak!

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,503 Posts
I am with Dennis,

I have a bike also and this year apart from some organised outlings incluiding a weekend riding all around Wales it has stayed pretty much in the garage since I got the SiLK.

Wifey wont come on the bike but she will come topless driving.... so to speak!
Okay, I'm sorry, but this begs for a "Got Pics?" comment! :rockon:

·
Registered
790 Posts
^^ ditto to all of the above.

As some of you will recall in my other posts, I hesitated to sell my beloved MX-5 after three years of enjoyable ownership and involvement in the MX-5 community. But ultimately, I wanted a car with bigger balls ('scuse me :)). So, after trying out some of the competition (Z4, Boxter etc) in July this year I opted for the SLK . It wasn't an immediate love at first sight relationship, (I did miss my MX-5) but I now love the damn thing (assisted by the great support from this forum) and seem to live for the moment when I next swing open the garage door to take a drive....(is that sad?) :flag::tazz:

This weekend, the little lady and I are going away for a long weekend to the south coast. And what am I looking forward to the most?.... well the drive in the SLK of course (oh and spending time with my lovely new wife of course!!)

·
Registered
734 Posts
I can't believe how much car I got for so little money.

None of my neighbours will believe what I paid for her.

I could have bought a 2005, 1.3L Ford Ka for the money and been REALLY miserable driving a sewing-machine engined, boring little car which would devalue quicker that Silvio Berlusconi's reputation.

Instead, I got a car with very high build quality, some incredible engineering and several lovely three-pronged stars on it :)

Amazing?

No.

F*****g awesome!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I can't believe how much car I got for so little money.
I must have said that very thing - at least 50 times, to my wife and friends.

I shopped, and shopped - until I found the right car. Glad I put the effort into the selection process. As a result, I couldn't be happier...

A 15 year old Jewel - very well taken care of my its original owner, with only 50K miles. All I've had to do was replaced aged tires, and the inside rear view mirror. So far I've put a couple thousand miles on it and enjoyed every minute.

I think the cost of M/B Parts and Repairs - keep the demand for this cars below the supply. But this great news for us buyers!

FWIW,
Carl B.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
AJ- I am the same company car went back after 20 years and what should I buy after all those peugeot diesels?

Always fancied a SiLK but couldnt believe the insurance quote and the cost of a 10 year old hardly used one- much more fun than a Ford Ka

Dawg.... we are both 60.... its not a pretty sight!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.