Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a local company that can remap my car.

They say they can up bhp from 163 to 195, every map is bespoke and unique to the car keeping any bug fixes or updates in the firmware, they also keep the original map on their files so you can put it back if you want.

They offer a lifetime warranty with a 14 day money back guarantee.

What do you think? Is this a good idea?

·
Registered
373 Posts
sounds good to me, don't know price though. a remap of the ECU will definitely wake up the car, would really make a difference though if the car had any performance modifications to accompany it

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's a reasonable price John, about what I would think it would cost and yes you will notice a huge difference, not just because of the lights and grill LOL

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
303 Posts
I've found a local company that can remap my car.

They say they can up bhp from 163 to 195, every map is bespoke and unique to the car keeping any bug fixes or updates in the firmware, they also keep the original map on their files so you can put it back if you want.

They offer a lifetime warranty with a 14 day money back guarantee.

What do you think? Is this a good idea?
I think the gain figures are a little optimistic from a re map alone , they would need to increase the boost with a larger crank pulley or smaller supercharger pulley .
32 bhp increase is quite a gain , I would be impressed if mine got that much from a pulley , re map , larger intercooler and induction mod .
Do they dyno the car before and after to back up the figures ? If they don't ask them if it's ok that you do just to get some base figures to compare before and after , it's the safest way to get the real world gain as an independent dyno operator has no financial gain from just giving you a print out of power and torque levels .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking the same thing about their claims.

I haven't gone into it that much so I don't know if they have a dyno, all I've done is ask for a quote.

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
303 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about their claims.

I haven't gone into it that much so I don't know if they have a dyno, all I've done is ask for a quote.
The claimed increase is more in line with a turbo engine , I would be wary , that said , if they offer a money back guarantee dyno it independently first , get the re map done and dyno again , they may not be able to argue with the figures and you'll get the map done for the price of 2 dyno sessions :wink: or they will have a long queue of slk owners outside the front door because of your results .

That said , The dyno is a place of many shattered dreams and promises :crying:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts