Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They're here, they're here! Headers!

well that was me this morning - big kid at Christmas!

I received 2 packages from different couriers...

1 - 2.5" X-pipe (hope it's not too small :grin:)

2 - set of (cheap) headers. I hope to get some pics of these being fitted next week :grin:

I'm afraid my neighbours may no longer be on talking terms with me >:D>:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've been following your threads on your 55 adventure, and I'm a bit confused... didn't yours already have headers and an X-pipe when you picked it up? Forgive me if I have you mixed up with another member, or if I missed something :laugh:

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been following your threads on your 55 adventure, and I'm a bit confused... didn't yours already have headers and an X-pipe when you picked it up? Forgive me if I have you mixed up with another member, or if I missed something :laugh:

you are sort of correct - it had tubular manifolds. However they cracked, when I say crack I'm surprised I wasn't raided by the DEA! I was thinking about getting them welded but apparently it wasn't going to be worth it so I had to get some new ones. As for the X-pipe, I've been thinking about it for a while and asking Q's but up until last week held off - until I thought that I may as well save some time/£££ and get it done while the car is in the air anyway.

It does have a funky exhaust on there with a pair of cats missing (it's certainly nice and loud!) but again no idea what brand etc

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well - who feels like a plum at this point?

As I mentioned the headers arrived on Saturday and properly nice they look too. The problem is someone (ie me) forgot that headers are a considerable bit longer than the original manifold down-pipes so I'm not 100% sure at this point whether or not the cats will have to go.

In fairness this shouldn't be a problem except for one teensy little problem.... the other pair of cats have already gone so one might suspect that losing the other pair may not be the best move ever made :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts