Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can anyone tell me what type they are and what sizes they come in? My SLK came with these on it... the rear tires are 265's and I tried measuring the wheel and it appears to be roughly 10" wide. I'm surprised they fit!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
PM me your vin, I'll see what shipped with the car. Those were almost certainly added, though, as the My05 '55 shipped only with the 16 spoke stateside.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)I'm almost sure they're aftermarket wheels. They look good. I assume yours are 18""? Rear should be 9-9.5" which is pretty standard. I've seen them in 18-20" variations.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,926 Posts
Those are aftermarket "SL" style wheels. They are not genuine MB parts and generally not available very long, because it is not legal for these people to use the AMG logo like that. Sonic Tuning made a wheel very similar to this one (including the AMG logo). I just checked their website and under their Mercedes Benz wheel section, all the fake-AMG wheels are suddenly gone. Looks like Mercedes dropped the hammer on them. This is probably an ever revolving door for car manufacturers to clamp down on regularly.

That said, they are great looking wheels! I know I've seen pictures of them on this forum before. I was just looking for them but of course can't find the thread now...

Here is a link to Sonic Tuning's wheel that is VERY similar to yours (CLICKY!). Note that this link no longer works. That wheel DID have the AMG logo on it. Here's what those wheels looked like (CLICKY! and scroll down a bit). Based on the recent postings in that thread by someone representing Sonic Tuning, it looks like they may still be selling them direct-to-you if you know where to find them, but no longer through the website.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Looks like the AMG wheels that comes standard on the C63 AMG's. Not sure about the W204 but I know the W203 wheels are interchangeable with our SLK's. About the 10" rears on 265 is what I have so I know it fits, no surprised there, although not common, most people have 9.5" rears.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PM me your vin, I'll see what shipped with the car. Those were almost certainly added, though, as the My05 '55 shipped only with the 16 spoke stateside.
yeah I purchased used so I'd be curious. I'll PM you later today. Thanks!

:)I'm almost sure they're aftermarket wheels. They look good. I assume yours are 18""? Rear should be 9-9.5" which is pretty standard. I've seen them in 18-20" variations.
Yeah I wasn't sure if they were AMG aftermarket or knockoffs. I just the car 2 weeks ago and this is what it came with. Yes they are 18". The rear is at least 9.5 width, according to my semi-precise tape measure check :biglaugh:.

Those are aftermarket "SL" style wheels. They are not genuine MB parts and generally not available very long, because it is not legal for these people to use the AMG logo like that. Sonic Tuning made a wheel very similar to this one (including the AMG logo). I just checked their website and under their Mercedes Benz wheel section, all the fake-AMG wheels are suddenly gone. Looks like Mercedes dropped the hammer on them. This is probably an ever revolving door for car manufacturers to clamp down on regularly.

That said, they are great looking wheels! I know I've seen pictures of them on this forum before. I was just looking for them but of course can't find the thread now...

Here is a link to Sonic Tuning's wheel that is VERY similar to yours (CLICKY!). Note that this link no longer works. That wheel DID have the AMG logo on it. Here's what those wheels looked like (CLICKY! and scroll down a bit). Based on the recent postings in that thread by someone representing Sonic Tuning, it looks like they may still be selling them direct-to-you if you know where to find them, but no longer through the website.
Hmm... so AMG never made a wheel like this huh? It does have AMG etched in one of the spokes. One reason I'm asking is in the remote chance that one of them gets damaged. If what you are saying is true, then what I'm getting from that is that if one of these babies gets bent or damaged, I'm buying 4 wheels, not one. Ich..

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
The rear is at least 9.5 width, according to my semi-precise tape measure check :biglaugh:.
when you measure a rim from the outside, deduct .5 inches to 1 inch to get the actual size of the rim. the lip doesn't count.

·
Registered
512 Posts
^^^ what he said. I was doing some work on the car one day and for some (completely random) reason, I decided to measure my rear wheels. I got something like 9.5 inches... and I KNOW thats not right. lol.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,575 Posts
they look like my 09 amg rims

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
547 Posts
i like these and was considering getting them from ebay, but wasn't sure if they would work. the offset is different and i think are wider than should fit.

I believe these are replicas of the optional 18" amg wheels for the C-class.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Can anyone tell me what type they are and what sizes they come in? My SLK came with these on it... the rear tires are 265's and I tried measuring the wheel and it appears to be roughly 10" wide. I'm surprised they fit!
Can you post more pictures of the entire car? Wheels look good!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.