Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered 1999 slk230-sold
14,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay what is it with you Slk Drivers lately? I had 3 (all R 171 of Course) of them last week between Phx and Las Vegas hugging the left lane for miles and miles (close to 40+ Miles) to be correct. Sure go 64 MPH not only is it good for your Engine/ MPG and holding up traffic behind you. :mad::mad::mad:

Next time another Slk just wobbles along at 64 MPH at night to enjoy the scenery I will flick Business Cards from the BMW Forum on your Wind Shield and "NO" having a License Plate from California is no Excuse to be spared.:soap::soap::soap:" THANK YOU" to the blond Betty in the R172 that drove in the left lane for miles but moved over so I could pass.:hb::hb:

Trucker Rant over it needed to be said.:grin::grin::smile:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts

·
14,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ps I find that in heavy traffic the rightmost lane moves the fastest.
That is another reason why I mostly stay in the right lane in my Semi and of Course do not forget most Bettys let the old man drive.:wink::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
357 Posts
At least in Europe you can flash to pass which I believe is considered acceptable. Here in the US they will try to run you off the road or start shooting. My wife had a beer bottle thrown into her car once.

Baja-D

·
14,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Code:
My wife had a beer bottle thrown into her car once.
It is a shame that Road Rage is on the rise pretty much anywhere.:frown::frown:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts
At least in Europe you can flash to pass which I believe is considered acceptable. Here in the US they will try to run you off the road or start shooting. My wife had a beer bottle thrown into her car once.

Baja-D
Was that your wife? Sorry :crying:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Try living in Orlando with hordes of UK, Aussy, and Japanese tourists in rental cars and every expert reaction is RONG!

ps I find that in heavy traffic the rightmost lane moves the fastest.
Being an Orlandoan, I second that! ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Flash to pass in Europe - eh not really, put your headlights on and leave them on. Hogging the outside lane is usually the province of someone that doesn't even know you are there. Of course if there is someone in front of them, you aren't going anywhere anyway :) I don't think this driving faux pas is particularly associated with SLK's, I see plenty of trucks jamming both lanes as they creep up hills next to each other at the same speed, maybe you just notice SLK's cos you want one :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I saw the headline and immediately assumed I'd pissed someone off with my overtake speed again...

Sounds like you're having the OTHER problem, though! :wink:

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,578 Posts
Had a long drive with multiple speed restrictions for none existent roadworks on the M62 yesterday.

Traffic was heavy.

Only two dipsticks need the assistance of flashing lights to get them to check the rearview.

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
883 Posts
Being an Orlandoan, I second that! ;)

I will third that! I used to get mad when I first moved down, now I just chill and remember how nice it is down here.

I almost got rear ended yesterday when there was a car doing 40 in a 70 with no traffic around. I slowed down, but I didn't think the car behind was going to be able to.

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
526 Posts
I always thought that if a car approached you from behind and flashed its headlights it meant "slow down" :grin:.

Well that's what I do....

I do not hog the outside lane, but do use it to overtake slower cars, and I will decide when I think it is safe to pull back into the nearside lanes, not some Dick hurtling up behind me!

Yes there are lane hogs, and I hate them too, but there are also dicks who want to bully their way through heavy traffic (range rovers and BMW X5's usually) tailgating and flashing headlights.

I am sure no one on hear though 0:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts