Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure everyone can add a post to this topic. I found this funny. didn't really need a taxi as I had a free bus, but thought I'd look at the fixed prices.

From New jersey EWR airport to Linden NJ $48 and I looked it up later on google earth and it was a total of 4.1 miles.

Now I've done a little better than this when ft worth ambulance charged me $980 for what google earth said was .8 of a mile. ;) shows what were willing to put up with these days. I know in my granparents era they wouldn't of wasted money as we do and these legal thiefs would be homeless and broke.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
:soap: ...thought I'd add this for you Brian. lol

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
One hour in a standard Mercedes work shop cost you about 90,00 Euro and a worker gets paid just 16,00 Euro.

A 20 sec. clip while the best time at night in TV costs about 120.000,00 Euro, a bread roll meanwhile just 40g of weight, 0,26 Euro. A standard haircut for a male (I do it myself) costs 30,00 Euro, for a female about 100,00, but the most important thing: A 0,3l glas of beer in a pub 2,60 Euro! Thanks god that the ladies in our town are taking the same prices, than 5 years ago. :tu:

edit: petrol - 1l = 1,32 Euro

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
UK prices have gone up.. petrol, alcohol and cigarettes. pack of cigarettes is up 11p, nearly £6 now for one pack of 20.
pint of beer in a bar is £3. but good old guiness is about £2.70

·
Founding Member #3
312 Posts
The most expensive journey in the world

You will be surprised to learn that the most expensive journey in the world that one could take is in the UK.

And it would be a safe bet that there will be some Americans on this board who have really done this trip!! :biglaugh:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/04/most_expensive_train_trip/

A whopping 1.5p (3c) a metre or $48/mile. A learjet would be cheaper for the same distance!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hope you never need air medical transport, if you survive your injury and get well, you will fall out when you see the bill. $2100.00 lift off fee. $47.00 per loaded mile. Add to that drugs and other items used and a 100 mile trip could cost $7000 or more. But when you look at the big picture that is cheap: Helicopter=$8,000,000.00, Direct operating cost of aircraft=$2500.00 per hour, Nurse avg salary $65,000.00 X 2 on board, Pilot salary: $100,000.00. All these numbers are average and not specific to my program. If all this saves MY life, worth every cent. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :Beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.