Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· *Registered
2005 SLK350
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the planned route for the Springtime New Forest Flyer cruise. Starting in Ibsley we will wind our way through the beautiful New Forest and end up at Mudeford Quay. The itinerary will include a brief stop at Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary, a longer stop at Brockenhurst for refreshments, a further stop at Hatchet Pond and then conclude at Mudeford Quay where there are opportunites for food and drinks. The Springtime New Forest Flyer cruise is on Sunday March 26th 2023 starting at 1030 BST (It’s the first day of British Summertime, don’t forget to adjust your clocks!). We will meet at The Old Beams Inn, Salisbury Road, Ibsley, Ringwood BH24 3PP. Navigational files are available here;

There will be other SLK owners attending this event, but please add your name in the comments below and I will create a list of attendees from this group.

This is a mixed group event, but all are SLK owners.
From other groups; 11 attending 12 interested.
From SLKWorld.com; 2 confirmed

For those members who would like route information and don't have or want to use the navigation files I have uploaded, you can see the route using these links on Google Maps. They are to be used as a guide only. Please don't rely on them for complete accuracy either now or on the day because Google Maps seems to 'know better' and wants you to take 'its' preferred route!

Old Beams Inn to Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary Old Beams Inn to Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary
Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary to Brockenhurst Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary to Brookley Road Car Park
Brockenhurst to Hatchet Pond Brookley Road Car Park to Brockenhurst
Hatchet Pond to Mudeford Quay Hatchet Pond to Mudeford Quay

Map Ecoregion World Line Atlas

Water resources Ecoregion World Map Font

Join the Springtime New Forest Flyer cruise on Sunday March 26th 2023 starting at 1030 BST (It’s the first day of British Summertime, don’t forget to adjust your clocks!). We will meet at The Old Beams Inn, Salisbury Road, Ibsley, Ringwood BH24 3PP and wind our way through one of the UK’s beautiful national parks, the New Forest. It’s approximately a 70 mile cruise ending at Mudeford Quay near Christchurch which overlooks the Isle of Wight.

· *Registered
2005 SLK350
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here are some highlights to wet your appetite. The route will include Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary which is one of the best places to see wild deer from a purpose built raised platform. Bolderwood Ornamental Drive through the glorious ancient woodland, Brockenhurst (where else would you see a group of Donkey's casually walking up the High Street bringing traffic to a stand!?), the beautiful (literally translated) village Beaulieu, Hatchet Pond, which is the New Forest’s largest body of fresh water and home to some of the rarest wetland plants and freshwater animals and Mudeford Quay which is the entrance to Christchurch Harbour, its' a beautiful and popular destination and has spectacular views out to sea and of Christchurch town.
Plant Deer Organism Elk Natural landscape

Plant Wood Tree Road surface Branch

Cloud Water Sky Plant Natural landscape

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Atmosphere

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Nature

Attachments

· *Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
11,007 Posts
@willy100 any chance of an update on the details and route please. I live in the East of England and would like to attend but wish to know the itinerary and whether to book accommodation in advance. Could I also suggest that you need to be starting a list of attendees.

· *Administrator (Premium Member)
44,644 Posts
@willy100 any chance of an update on the details and route please. I live in the East of England and would like to attend but wish to know the itinerary and whether to book accommodation in advance. Could I also suggest that you need to be starting a list of attendees.
@willy100 if you need help editing post 1 to create an attendees/interested list and struggle just shout.
Myk

· *Registered
2005 SLK350
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
See post #1

· *Administrator (Premium Member)
44,644 Posts
Doubtful, but really fancy this.
Will see nearer the time.

Clock changes for 2023:

· *Registered
2012 SLK250CDI
631 Posts
Hi all, just seen this, sadly I cannot join this cruise even though I do live locally, I just wanted to let you all know that the northern section of the ornamental drive directly north of the A35 is in a terrible mess after this winter, it is not wide enough for 2 cars to pass easily and the roadside is full of very deep holes and ruts, very easy to damage your car here!
The safe way to get to the deer enclosure car park is to turn right at the junction with the A35 towards Lyndhurst, left by Swan Green cricket pitch and after a short drive left at the New Forest Inn. That road then joins up with the northern section of the ornamental drive right by the car park at the deer enclosure.
Much less risk of car damage on this road and you will also get to see the Portuguese Fire place! You can't miss it, is the last remaining part of an old WW1 Portuguese army camp.
Sorry for the long rambling message but I would feel bad knowing you would be taking this route that I would avoid at all cost!

· *Registered
2005 SLK350
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi all, just seen this, sadly I cannot join this cruise even though I do live locally, I just wanted to let you all know that the northern section of the ornamental drive directly north of the A35 is in a terrible mess after this winter, it is not wide enough for 2 cars to pass easily and the roadside is full of very deep holes and ruts, very easy to damage your car here!
The safe way to get to the deer enclosure car park is to turn right at the junction with the A35 towards Lyndhurst, left by Swan Green cricket pitch and after a short drive left at the New Forest Inn. That road then joins up with the northern section of the ornamental drive right by the car park at the deer enclosure.
Much less risk of car damage on this road and you will also get to see the Portuguese Fire place! You can't miss it, is the last remaining part of an old WW1 Portuguese army camp.
Sorry for the long rambling message but I would feel bad knowing you would be taking this route that I would avoid at all cost!
Hi David, thank you for the information. It is my intention to check the route prior to the cruise and amend as required.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts