Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Bangkok I usually drive the SLK and my wife drives the S. But, today I took the S for a change (I have not driven it for about 6 weeks). Wow! It was so smooth. Bangkok's roads are really quite notorious for their irregularities and when I am in the SLK I feel every one of them. Today in the S it was like gliding over butter.

I also quite enjoy the steering wheel that moves up and down when you get in or out of the car.

And, when stuck in Bangkok's legendary traffic jams I can watch a bit of a movie.

Hey, maybe I am just getting old. :biglaugh:

Attachments

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
My Father had S350 W220 04 lease and exchanged it to the 06/7 S350
W221, seriously the previous w220 is the best S-class to date the new one is very complicated and has lots of buttons to fiddle with. While driving it I disliked how it feels unsporty and as If I am sitting in a living room that moves.a Candidate for the best sedan to date would be a 2005 S65 AMG in Flint Grey specifically

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Alroumi, to be honest, the best S to date would be the w126, then the w221. The w220 was too much of a compromise. didn't have the class and style of the w126, didn't have the bulk and luxury of the w140. finally, the w221 is reaching back into the history of the S class. No offense Corkscrew, the w220 was the best NEW car when it was for sale, but it's not to my taste.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
My dad has a S500 4matic, w220 I think, it's comfortable and I like the way it looks, it could be fun putting it in sports mode, surprised at how well it handles for such a big and heavy car.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dad has a S500 4matic, w220 I think, it's comfortable and I like the way it looks, it could be fun putting it in sports mode, surprised at how well it handles for such a big and heavy car.
It does handle very well. When making sharp turns the rear pulls so cleanly into the curve...very sporty.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
corkscrew you know your wheel goes up and down automatically in your slk?

Turn easy entry mode on in your settings from your wheel! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.