Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice, very nice, especially the 'cough' 6.3 badge on the side.... not too sure if many people on the forum think that'll ever happen....

·
Registered
20 Posts
i thought it was 2011 for the next model...
although with the new Z4 it may come sooner, but the economy might make it come later lol

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Looks like a photoshop of an SL and SLK, and has been floating around for a couple of years now.

I'm not loving it at all, and what are the chances of distronic on an SLK?!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Like UK said, this photoshopped pic has been floating around for awhile - ever since the new SL debuted basically. It'll be a few years yet before an all new SLK debuts, and what it will look like remains to be seen, pardon the pun :) .

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Thank God, I was thinking mercedes is not doing well on the design dept examples new e-class and glk but that looks very very beautiful.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
For me, that would make the Mercedes lineup just way too similar. I don't know why every Mercedes has to look so similar. I think the current one is a bit different, and I like that.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The SLK would never look similar to the SL and personally I think we're looking more @ 2011 / 2012 in terms of a new model.

If memory serves me this pic was posted before.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This pic whas used by Auto Bild a car magazine that did know howe the E lookt a year befor it was released and they are the Nr1 in spy pic's and fotoshops that come true. But Mercedes hase a new designer so the New slk can be totally different.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Yeah, like others said too, wouldn't 2010 be way too soon? That would have it out in a few months, and we haven't seen or heard any rumors.

Furthermore, why would they do a 2009 redesign for 1 year? You'd think they'd go ahead and get a 2010 & 2011 model out of the redesign.

I think Jan 2011 we might see it unveiled for spring/summer 2011 as a 2012.

·
Registered
840 Posts
As said above, this is a picture that pops up on the boards and in magazines every few months for the past year or so. It was even in a recent issue of "The Star" -- the magazine of Mercedes-Benz Club of America as the next SLK! But its origin remains obscure, and fairly reliable sources say the 6.3 just isn't going to be. Most sources say the new-design SLK will be introduced in '11, as a '12 model. Frankly, I don't think anybody knows what it will look like.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I love the current front, see no reason to toss it.
I liked the old SL better as well, but cars are like clothes to some folks. If they didn't change the style occassionally, they wouldn't sell new ones...

But if the discussion in another thread about the r171 55 perhaps being the last big V8, maybe it'll become a collector's item in the future.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.