Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo Roadster boffins:hail:

I am Gøran, 1965'er from the south coast of Norway. Not married, but lives together with Lillian. Marriage is kind of "out" here :D

We are the proud owners of a brilliantsilber 96 SLK 230K with ca 86k (53k miles) on the clock. It has a full Rieger body styling, and some engine mod's,
RH springs, and "only" 17" rubber(225/45 - 255/40)

I've been lurking around here for a while and wasn't shure I had the time for "another" forum. But when I saw you had a pic of me here..............:rb

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
:rb:rb:rbWelcome Goran, great group here, hope you post often and enjoy the info and stories here. Post pics of your car and the south coast of Norway etc. We all love pictures and seeing where others live and play. :):)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
goran welcome to the forum, I am surprised why your mileage is quiet low or less than average for a 96.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I just went to Google Earth and looked at South Norway,,, they only have two roads,,,,:):):):)only kiddin. Have never been to Norway but a pilot that once worked for me married a gurl from Norway. They would bring pictures back from visiting her relatives,,, what a cold place...but beautiful. What city do you hail from.??? Google Earth is great to zoom into places you want to look at... some areas better resolution than others. If you zoon into Winston Salem NC and Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, you can see the helo on the pad... amazing stuff....:hb::hb::hb:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:DHi and welcome from Virginia USA. Alway good to have more international flavor. Nice SLK and mods. Again, we're glad you're here. Visit often, post when you have questions or ANYTHING to contribute, even humor, and especially a kind comment.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys

Thanks for the nice greetings :Beer:

@alroumi: The reason for the low mileage are something you don't see a lot of; winter. The car "sleeps" 4 - 6 months pro year. So in reality it's only been 6 years on the road......

@412driver: Yep 2 roads is pretty close to what we got..... I live in a little costal "town" called Søgne - or sogne in google earth, 16km west from Kristiansand.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Goin to Google Earth now, gonna look at your house, go out an wave hello...(((dumb me it isn't real time,,,Oh well,, as you can tell, I am the villiage joker(idiot),, enjoy and I hope you get my funnies)))):rb:rb:rb:):) I found your town, it is not in the high resolution area but was able to see street names etc, sooooo neat. It takes very little to entertain me!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome Gabus!!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Goin to Google Earth now, gonna look at your house, go out an wave hello...(((dumb me it isn't real time,,,Oh well,, as you can tell, I am the villiage joker(idiot),, enjoy and I hope you get my funnies)))):rb:rb:rb:):) I found your town, it is not in the high resolution area but was able to see street names etc, sooooo neat. It takes very little to entertain me!
Try LiveSearch and you might get it in 3D, mainly for large cities in the US.

Is this the helipad?
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=36.089643~-80.269817&style=h&lvl=19&tilt=-45&dir=0&alt=334.357967527583&encType=1

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Gøran!

Norway is one of my favorite places!
Stunning scenery!
I have have been to Bergen a couple of times for work. The views are breath taking.

Enjoy the forum and welcome from Wimbledon, London UK

P

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Goran thanks for the reply as Ive faced the same situation my 98 ML320 did 205,000km since Ive sold it 3-4 months ago and its a 99 model whilst my uncles 98 Maroon ML320 still did not break the 100,000km it just looks new.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
welcome to SLK, Peter from Belfast UK

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
'Bout stinkin' time you lurker! :biglaugh:

How was the rest of your holiday?

Give Lillian a hug for me...and one from Stace too. :tu:

...and to think all it took was to make you "famous"...LOL

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Once again thanks for all nice greetings from around the worldY)

@ doug: Every village has a joker..... I think your'e doin a good job:tu:

@ Wimbeldon: OMG.... Bergen:rolleyes: nice scenery, but it rains all the time...It's the wettest place in Norway. And the people up there won't be a part of Norway. They describe England as "the little island just outside Bergen":D

@Kevin: Nice to meet you and Stacy:bannana: Greetings from Lillian to both of you :Beer:
The trip down south was beautiful, but the roads in X-DDR was too bad for our "low ride". Had a tail of other cars all the time - could only drive 40-50 km/h on the small roads....... and the limit was 100.....:( , but the scenery and villages were great.

·
Registered
135 Posts
welcome here Goran, i'm also new to here, but this site contains alot of information with very nice people. enjoy your time here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.