Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I didnt want to post pics yet until I got the car all cleaned up and got some good shots taken but what the hell. I got my new rims I designed myself with Alain at M-Concept good guys there I wanted the fasteners to be painted matched silver along with the emblem but there was a mix up and it they did it polished silver. No biggy I'm thinking of getting the fasteners and the emblem painted black now but not sure. Everywhere I go people have commented on them they look really mean in person! I threw H&R springs on you cant really tell in the crappy cell phone pic but its really f---ing low a lot lower than I thought it would be and I threw them on the other night I’m afraid it will get lower once they have a chance to settle..... Next is a carbon fiber rear diffuser and headers we will see when I get money what’s after lol! What do ya guys think!?

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Stunning, you clearly do have great taste and no ware those wheels lighter than the oem 18's and by how much.

Congratulations on the new look, I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stunning, you clearly do have great taste and no ware those wheels lighter than the oem 18's and by how much.

Congratulations on the new look, I absolutely love it.
Thank you sir! :D As for the weight I forget the exact weight of each rim but I did a ton of transferring wheels in and out of my Yukon XL and I can tell you these rims felt A LOT lighter than the OEM ones. :burnout:

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Thank you sir! :D As for the weight I forget the exact weight of each rim but I did a ton of transferring wheels in and out of my Yukon XL and I can tell you these rims felt A LOT lighter than the OEM ones. :burnout:
Glad that they serve two purposes:

Visual improvment
Performance due to less wheel weight and improves braking,handling and overall performance.

D

·
0 Posts
They look really really mean, the car is too low for me personally and i can see damage in its future but the alloy's look bloody great

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They look really really mean, the car is too low for me personally and i can see damage in its future but the alloy's look bloody great
Thank you:biglaugh: and yes im worried about damage also I know i have to get a camber kit already but we will see i might take the springs off.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Very nice. Agressive looking, which you were clearly intending. I think you could still use the MB center caps, too, if they fit and you wished to.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
The wheels look great. I say keep the silver center caps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for all the nice comments! I dont think I will be painting the fasteners black because it does give the wheel contrast in how deep the dish is but I might paint match them to my car we will see! :D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Congrats CJ. It does look mean. I wouldn't paint it either. Too much work and I doubt it will look much different. I can hardly tell the difference in the pic. Besides, this way you get more of a contrast.

What size tires and wheels did you end up with? Are you going to get that camber kit? If so, how much is it? Are you going to install it yourself? Just curious.

I too am interested in that CF diffuser. I think your car with a diffuser and front lip would look great. Not sure if that front lip would last in the bay area though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awesome wheels. Question - which H&R springs did you get (part #?)? I've been looking at the H&Rs and I was hoping only for a 1" drop from standard SLK55 height.
Is it part no:Manufacturer Part #: 29218.2 (atleast from tirerack). Thanks and again stunning wheels.

Not sure about the SLK55, but on a few other cars I've owned that I personally changed the springs on sometimes there's a plastic fastner that sits on the top and and the bottom of the springs that can account for .25" at each end....maybe it was left out?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats CJ. It does look mean. I wouldn't paint it either. Too much work and I doubt it will look much different. I can hardly tell the difference in the pic. Besides, this way you get more of a contrast.

What size tires and wheels did you end up with? Are you going to get that camber kit? If so, how much is it? Are you going to install it yourself? Just curious.

I too am interested in that CF diffuser. I think your car with a diffuser and front lip would look great. Not sure if that front lip would last in the bay area though.
Thanks Dan! I stayed with the 265s in the rear had a set of new tires from the last wheels. My buddy said he deff noticed difference and said that I might want a camber kit because of the tire wear will be quite high but he also said that my handling would be a little bit better as it is now. Since my car is not a daily driver anymore Im not to worried about the road even though they are pretty damn shitty. As for now I'm going to go with the diffuser to match the rims mean look maybe a front lip but most likely will have no money left over after the performance mods. I gotta have a little for next semester lol NY is killing me price wise!

Awesome wheels. Question - which H&R springs did you get (part #?)? I've been looking at the H&Rs and I was hoping only for a 1" drop from standard SLK55 height.
Is it part no:Manufacturer Part #: 29218.2 (atleast from tirerack). Thanks and again stunning wheels.

Not sure about the SLK55, but on a few other cars I've owned that I personally changed the springs on sometimes there's a plastic fastener that sits on the top and and the bottom of the springs that can account for .25" at each end....maybe it was left out?
For in for on spring specs Dan is the guy to talk to i dont know to much. I ordered the ones from Tire Rack but place in LI order it directly for me because on the site they say they dont have it or stock is limited which i was told was not true. I got them shipped for like $270 or something I also replaced the spring pads in the back with a #1 spring pad. The second I saw that car I noticed it was a lot lower maybe to low for some of the roads around here.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Looks great, very aggressive, the rear looks too low IMO. great job, :tu:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I like 'em.....alot!

MJ
That's great Joe, go for it and I'll keep my OEMs!:biglaugh: Sorry, inside joke!

Edit:BTW they look great on your silver, would look good on black as well, hint!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's great Joe, go for it and I'll keep my OEMs!:biglaugh: Sorry, inside joke!

Edit:BTW they look great on your silver, would look good on black as well, hint!
Thank you gor the kind words! :) On other forums its seems like everyone loves the rims the want me to tint the wind shield and paint the calipers yellow... dont know about the calipers but we will see lol

D

·
0 Posts
On other forums its seems like everyone loves the rims the want me to tint the wind shield and paint the calipers yellow... dont know about the calipers but we will see lol
bloody hell.

Think i will stick to this place, the difference between class and rice is very fine these days.

Not that i'm adverse to caliper painting as such but on a silver car? And its not a yellow/black thing either since it looks good on the P car's but this is an SLK.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.