Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear AMG Private Lounge member,
Something big is coming up! In a few months we will be launching the new and improved AMG Private Lounge.

We’ve been listening to your feedback and have been working hard on a new site design that we feel will improve your overall experience. We are super excited to reveal this to you soon.

Overall, you will notice a more simplified design across the site making it easier to navigate and find what you are looking for. Performance optimizations have also been made throughout the site to further enhance your user experience.

As we are in our final development stage, we would like to already make you aware, that it will be necessary for each of you to create a “Mercedes me ID” account to resume access to the new AMG Private Lounge.

Visit the AMG Private Lounge to learn the full details on what steps you need to take to prepare for the new AMG Private Lounge.
Learn more

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge/registration/welcome

Kind regards,
Your AMG Private Lounge Team

·
Premium Member
14,800 Posts
Something big is coming up! In a few months we will be launching the new and improved AMG Private Lounge.
Will you also improve the Snack Lounge Menu?? Them Party Pretzels have been a little stale lately.....:grin::wink::grin:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will be necessary for each of you to create a “Mercedes me ID” account to resume access to the new AMG Private Lounge.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Seems to me that Mercedes ME including the adaptor is largely redundant for a lot of us while AMG is largely redundant for the majority of Mercedes owners. I smell a marketing ploy maybe?

Sent from my SM-T285YD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a look at AMGPL a few times, its a bit like turning up to a party on the wrong night, nothing happening.
Instead of messing with look and feel they need some relevant content otherwise why bother visiting.

I requested a Merc Me dongle, zilch, no follow up from anyone.
It was only out of curiosity, does it have anything useful ?

·
Super Moderator
11,483 Posts
It was a question to you, Len.

Which bit of "have you tried using 'Mercedes me'?" don't you understand?

DaveR.
No need for a smart alec response. It was an honest question considering (from the mercedes website. Red is mine):

How do I get Mercedes me connect?

To become a Mercedes me connect user, you must own a model year 2019 or newer Mercedes-Benz vehicle. Most remote access services are complimentary for three years. We recommend downloading the Mercedes me connect app to use these features.
https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/owners/mercedes-me-connect?gclid=CjwKCAjwmq3kBRB_EiwAJkNDp46t5g2F_O-oEvrpO2RbFXCJsgHJl-UtvSo2HDonoQ2sc5dcYHmkYBoC95MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1253797&ef_id=XHnJowAAAF7zvgoJ:20190315124123:s

I'm aware that some "older" models have access BUT you'll see from my profile that my ride is 2012.

Hence my genuine question.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I'm aware that some "older" models have access BUT you'll see from my profile that my ride is 2012.

I'm not an expert, but my understanding is:

1. From the AMG PL announcement, it is stated that to access the new PL a 'Mercedes me' logon will be required.
2. 'Mercedes me' appears to be an umbrella gateway for a (growing) number of MB systems that 'enhance your MB ownership experience' - my words, but no doubt MB marketing people have their own version.
3. 'Mercedes connect' is only one of these functions and the quote that Len included:

How do I get Mercedes me connect?

To become a Mercedes me connect user, you must own a model year 2019 or newer Mercedes-Benz vehicle. Most remote access services are complimentary for three years. We recommend downloading the Mercedes me connect app to use these features.

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/owne...190315124123:s

This appears to relate to North America. In the UK, 'Mercedes connect' is available for models FROM 2002MY with a free module from your friendly MB dealer. I am not aware of availability in other markets. It's value is still up for debate.
4. I understand (but am open to correction) that the new access to the AMG PL will require a 'Mercedes me' logon, but not access to any of the other separate modules within it.
5. Past experience with 'Mercedes me' (see comments from @Avel Du and others in the PL) will tell you that it is not popular. Time will tell if this access route simplifies or adds complexity to the PL. This is in addition to the proposed changes to the PL website itself.

Hope this clarifies some issues, Len, - no offence intended.:x

DaveR.

·
Registered
700 Posts
No need for a smart alec response. It was an honest question considering (from the mercedes website. Red is mine):

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/owners/mercedes-me-connect?gclid=CjwKCAjwmq3kBRB_EiwAJkNDp46t5g2F_O-oEvrpO2RbFXCJsgHJl-UtvSo2HDonoQ2sc5dcYHmkYBoC95MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1253797&ef_id=XHnJowAAAF7zvgoJ:20190315124123:s

I may be confused, heck I often get stuff wrong, but my SLK350 is a 2012, and I've been using the Mercedes Me app to connect to it, send destination from my computer/phone to the car for the past 3-4 years...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts