Premium Member 1999 slk230-sold
14,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As seen on Mercedes Fans.de

Pics here

·
Registered
63 Posts
How 'bout those headlights? My searches haven't included the R170 much (unless I was considering buying two cars ... whole 'nother subject) but those head lamps look more meaningful than the ones I see stateside. Are they after market or an option or Euro or something else?

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
Hi,

They are aftermarket Lamps, I don't recognise those, but they are similar to the Sonar's on my car above ;)

HTH,

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,759 Posts
Not overstruck by the colour, but the body panels, grille and headlamps do give a more modern look to the car.

Wonder if the headlamps are available UK-rated?

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
I think that Front bumper would look awesome on my (almost) V8 R170 ........... More Agressive look like the 2017 E Class Bumper ;)

Anyone know who Mfrs them, I'd give that a go next winter when I set about the Bodywork Resto :D

BTW, that car will wreck Rear Tyres with that much neg camber ;)

·
Registered 1996 SLK230K
55 Posts
'ere we go ..............

It's not the NTC kit, I've got that on my Baby.
Front

Rear

It looks more like the "Mercedes SLK R170 AMG 204 Style" Also available from TopBodykits.
Front

Rear

BTW I bought my NTC kit for my car from topbodykits and I was very happy with the experience. The freight was reasonable from UK to Australia and the delivery speed was good too. I tried about 10 different websites that all had the NTC kit and topbodykits was the cheapest out of the 3 that got back to me about it. I recommend topbodykits, but not if you expect it to just line up straight out of the mold, be prepared to do some fine adjustment work to the fibreglass before it looks 100%.

Cheers
Jay

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,742 Posts
It's not the NTC kit, I've got that on my Baby.
Hi,

Thanks for that, I like that Bumper on the Green Hornet, but I don't like those other 2, guess I'll have to keep looking :(

I was actually going by what it said in the Green Hornet text that the Front Bumper is NTC

It also says the Skirts and Rear Bumper on the Green Hornet are from Maxton, again according to the text ;)

I just looked up the Front Bumper again, yes I see what you mean, thanks for pointing that out, I actually don't like either, I already have the AMG Side Skirts, so in my case it looks like the jury is still out on Front and Rear Bumpers ;)

Still, I'm a fair way off the Body Stage yet ;)

·
Registered 1996 SLK230K
55 Posts
@Dave2302
It looks like the rear bar and side skirts are the AMG204 look
I'll hunt around the lists of bookmarked R170 bodykit websites that I have and see if I can find an exact match for the front bar for you.

Cheers
Jay

Edit: I think I found it for you it's the "Prior Design" front bar

There's the full "Green Hornet" bodykit. Prior Design front bar, AMG204 Side Skirts, AMG204 Rear Bar
Cheers
Jay

·
Premium Member 1999 slk230-sold
14,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
230k mit NTC-Frontstoßstange, Heckstoßstange mit Diffusor by von Maxton) just to confirm it the side mirrors are from the E Class.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts