Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yeah... you had to know, this was coming..

I have read the manual front to back! I found the hooks, I found the buttons on the side of the roll bars.. yesterday it was 65 degrees and sunny in the afternoon.

So okay, I pull the girl out, leave her running and first attempt to program the garage door. After 4 different attempts, I gave up on the garage door opener for now. Onto the wind guard. Top goes down, I get out of the car, take it out of the pouch and..uh..yeah.

I will not tell you, how many times I walked around the car trying to get this f'ing thing on.. it was worse than fitting new sheets..HA! lol Im a special kind of owner..oh yes I am.

So where is the video for the friggin wind guard :p

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,233 Posts
the video tells you to throw that mesh away and get a lighted one from our sponsor windrestrictor. don't forget the discount.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Here's some advice that I learned about the R171 mesh from the dark recesses of my memory - secure the clips and then stretch it over the roll bars.

Like Jeff Said - the two mods I am most pleased with are a SmartTop & a clear windscreen. Pricey but definitely worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.