Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all,
Some of you know I've been an anxious member of this site for a few months. Many of you have endured my stupid questions (especially Dan) and I appreciate everyones support! Through this site I've made new friends (virtually and in person). This is truly a web site that now feels like family. Anyway, after months of agony, my wife and I finally picked up our US Spec 2009 SLK 55 AMG at the MB plant in Sindelfingen. What a great experiance; from the hotel to the MB plant tour. Then came the car... AMG!! That means "Oh My God". Of course the first song played in the car was from Janis Joplin... OK, we're geeks... Anyway the next painful experiance will be the break in period, but I'm being good. My wife keeps telling me "patience is a virtue", I'm not a patient person, but I'm listening.

Anyway, for those buying a US Spec 2009 SLK 55 AMG please feel free to ask me questions/concerns (via forum or PM) about your car or European delivery. Its the least I can do in return all the help I've received from this forum. If you're ever in the Germany area drop us a line.

I've never posted pics before, so I'm going to try to post a couple from today. They're not the greatest so plz give me some time to figure out the mechanics of this site. Bill let me know if I "F" this up...

Kev - We need a road trip bro. I gotta get past this damn 1000 mile/4500 km engine break in period!

Thanks to all on SLK World and MB Rocks!

D

·
0 Posts
Congrat's mate!

Beautiful car but if you don't mind me giving you a little bit of advice, start saving for brake calipers.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Congratulations mate, enjoy the new car in good health and do take the time to pass by munich or the black forest with the topdown. There are many great places and sights to see, please do take full advantage of the beautiful german scenery as summer time is the best time. I've noticed something but it might be just me, those wheels make the car look even cramped...basically much smaller.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Congratulations! car looks beautiful....I must say I like the AMG nose so much better than the 350....best of luck.:tu:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy!:tu:

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
VERY Nice!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Congrats! I'm really liking the AMG face lift effect - much better than on the other models IMO. Enjoy! :burnout:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congratulations. I'll definitely get over that way sometime this summer. During my break-in period, I planned out lots of trips on specific roads to constantly vary the rmp and work through the gears without too much desire to push it harder. You have lots of great roads in your area that will give lots of enjoyment while keeping your foot out of it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
First of all congratulations! Awesome car!

However, I have a question for you. I love the wheels on your car. Did you have to special order those or did they come standard on the US-spec Benz?

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Doesn't get any better. Beautiful SLK 55 and European delivery. I especially like the new wheels. Enjoy it.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Awesome Dude :tu:
Smashing iridium silver color and those wheels are really really nice.

SmartTop module?

·
19,400 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
19,400 Posts
Oh I knew this wasn't going to be cheap to maintain. My previous toy was a 911, so I know the pleasures of dealer maintenance. It's the price you pay to keep the toys running top notch. Especially after a couple of days on the track. R)
Not to dampen the excitement, Dan may be talking about the change in spec/size for the rear brake calipers. They were changed to smaller ones starting early model year 2008 (US spec).

·
19,400 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.