Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the car arrives today, I arrive on Sunday...

Here's the list of mods planned - lemme know if I've missed anything.

1] clear side markers
2] smarttop v3
3] custom iPod (aux+amp+charging)
4] Battery Tender jr float charger

Longer term, and depending on my happiness with #3
5] Denison Gateway 500

Everything's sitting in boxes waiting on me except for the Gateway - and I'm actually looking forward to a 10 hour flight, which is a very rare thing!

[EDIT - And I guess I'm so excited I stuck it in the wrong forum?!]

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
#4, I presume you plan to do the pre-wiring for use with trickle charger.

6] Green Air Filters.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#4, I presume you plan to do the pre-wiring for use with trickle charger.

6] Green Air Filters.

Yeah, I've read the advice here - I plan on doing basically the same, but I've not decided if I'm going to run the pigtail out the front of the car. I'll post pics of what I come up with. (and etyu, just looked at the printout - didn't even realize you were the one posting the how-to!)

On the greens - I should just go ahead and order them, but the dealer just put new filters in... I think I'm going to drive it for a week or so, then order the greens so I can see and hear the difference - guess I'll keep these as spares.

ps - My mom just called, and the car's being delivered as I type this! The next two days are going to KILL me.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Yeah, I've read the advice here - I plan on doing basically the same, but I've not decided if I'm going to run the pigtail out the front of the car. I'll post pics of what I come up with.

On the greens - I should just go ahead and order them, but the dealer just put new filters in... I think I'm going to drive it for a week or so, then order the greens so I can see and hear the difference - guess I'll keep these as spares.

ps - My mom just called, and the car's being delivered as I type this! The next two days are going to KILL me.
The Greens saves you on petrol too, roughly 2 mpg.

If you check the Battery Tender website, they have a 25-foot long extension to use, so you can route the wire to the front of the vehicle. Link: http://batterytender.com/default.php?cPath=11_13

Take some photos of what you do with the routing as I plan to do the same. Currently I have just a short 2 to 3-ft-long wire. I have to open the bonnet and leave it open while the battery is being charged.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
After seeing the pix on the other thread, here's one more:

7] mod R170 Euro Spec antenna

1 - 6 of 6 Posts