Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Don't forget your cat nap
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having seen many *'s in posts, I have undertaken a research project.

In order to make it easier to communicate, I have compiled a list of words that the forums software will automatically replace with asterisks.
The ones that I have discovered are listed below in alphabetical order.

I will continue to research in the name of public (do not misspell that) service.

Do not attempt to experiment with this feature. If your trial forbidden word fails to be replaced, you will be in deep ****.

Ken

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Whilst forum censorship might look a bit 'nanny-ish', there is a reason for it. Most websites/forums/mail servers are trawled by automated web crawlers/bots that pick up on certain words/phrases. Once they pick up on key words, we can tend to get hit by loads of spam that is irrevalent/inapropriate/nsfw/or just down right rude.

The 'mod team' try to keep SLKWorld a pleasant place to be, regardless of age, religion, ethnic bias etc. To this end, occasionally it might come across as a bit draconian, but on the whole, most members seem to like it here, so we can't be doing that bad a job.

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whilst forum censorship might look a bit 'nanny-ish', there is a reason for it. Most websites/forums/mail servers are trawled by automated web crawlers/bots that pick up on certain words/phrases. Once they pick up on key words, we can tend to get hit by loads of spam that is irrevalent/inapropriate/nsfw/or just down right rude.

The 'mod team' try to keep SLKWorld a pleasant place to be, regardless of age, religion, ethnic bias etc. To this end, occasionally it might come across as a bit draconian, but on the whole, most members seem to like it here, so we can't be doing that bad a job.
I thought I did that in my best rendition of "British humor". It was not intended as criticism. :D

Ken

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,268 Posts
Woolly can speak for himself, but he did not take it that way, but just as clarification for others

·
17,375 Posts
I thought I did that in my best rendition of "British humor". It was not intended as criticism. :D

Ken
It was not taken as criticism, just a clarification. There are certain topics that even 'off topic' are not relative to a 'family friendly' car forum. There are plenty of other forums where such topics can be freely discussed :)

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One other thing I discovered:

˙sıɥʇ ǝʞıן ɯǝɥʇ ǝdʎʇ ʇsnɾ uǝɥʇ 'pǝɹosuǝɔ sʇsod ɹnoʎ ʇuɐʍ ʇ,uop noʎ ɟı

Ken:)

·
17,375 Posts
One other thing I discovered:

˙sıɥʇ ǝʞıן ɯǝɥʇ ǝdʎʇ ʇsnɾ uǝɥʇ 'pǝɹosuǝɔ sʇsod ɹnoʎ ʇuɐʍ ʇ,uop noʎ ɟı

Ken:)
:) sәuo uɐ!Ⴈɐɹʇsnɐ әႡʇ uәʌә - ɯɐәʇ әႡʇ ɟo әuo ʎq pɐәɹ әɹɐ sʇsod ʇsoɯ - ʇnq - ʎɹʇ әɔ!u

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Outstanding Ken, you have created the Internet version of "The Seven Words You Can't Say On Television". :biglaugh:

Just for the Record - I love this forum and the way it is administered. I have always found that profanity cheapens the written message, and the spoken one only slightly less so.

Reactions: jbanks15 and Woolly
1 - 10 of 10 Posts