Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curios in knowing whether or not some one has the same engine builder as I do, so post a way the engine builder and the date or year model of your car.

Here is the story of my car and it goes as follows:

November 17th order submitted for a Designo Mocha Black SLK55 AMG loaded with every single option in the book and has Designo Tamo anthratice wood which is very rare.

February build is complete and Sacha Greinner gave life to my SLK55 with the beautiful looking and sounding 5.4L NA M113 V8.

The car has been "Kleemannized" and has every bolt on part right now, I am very satisfied with the car after two years.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Hey Mo(e), Sacha also built the engine in my 2005 SLK 55. It would be interesting in know how many AMG engine builders there are, their years of experience, and number of engines built. Mine is bone stock other than the green filters.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don yes that would be interesting now that the AMG line up is growing there are many people I remember some like Robert Feller or something there was a similar thread about this on MBworld as some of these builders also work on the SLR unit.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Sandro Petricca, build date: 1st 10 days in July, 2007.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
My 2007 SLK 55 AMG was also built by Sandro Petricca. US delivery date to me in February of 2007...do not know the build date at the moment. I hope to meet and thank the gentleman one day.

It is very exciting that (at least) two of Sandro's SLK AMG motors will be tooling around SoCal together this Saturday! I am very much looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
some guy called Kuut Bruss made my engine.

Doesn't Kleeman make a bolt on supercharger Alroumi?

·
19,400 Posts
My 2007 SLK 55 AMG was also built by Sandro Petricca. US delivery date to me in February of 2007...do not know the build date at the moment. I hope to meet and thank the gentleman one day.
Check the placard by the driver's side door jamb for build date (month/year). Mine states 07/07. I can tell its the first 10 days as the MFD states service in 26 days (instead of miles) as the car approaches the one year mark. I guess it's based on build date and not delivery date.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Check the placard by the driver's side door jamb for build date (month/year). Mine states 07/07. I can tell its the first 10 days as the MFD states service in 26 days (instead of miles) as the car approaches the one year mark. I guess it's based on build date and not delivery date.
Mine says 01/07. I am confused, however, by:

I can tell its the first 10 days as the MFD states service in 26 days (instead of miles) as the car approaches the one year mark.

What is MFD?

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
MFD = Multi Function Display

That thing in between the speedometer and tach.

·
19,400 Posts
Mine says 01/07. I am confused, however, by:

I can tell its the first 10 days as the MFD states service in 26 days (instead of miles) as the car approaches the one year mark....
I figured it's the first decade of the month (as what MB calls the first 10 days, 2nd decade = 2nd 10 days, etc) by adding 26days (MFD display)to June 12 (date at which the MFD showed 26 days until service A), this date becomes July 8th roughly.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Robert Feiler.... AMG old timer

I was just curios in knowing whether or not some one has the same engine builder as I do, so post a way the engine builder and the date or year model of your car.

Here is the story of my car and it goes as follows:

November 17th order submitted for a Designo Mocha Black SLK55 AMG loaded with every single option in the book and has Designo Tamo anthratice wood which is very rare.

February build is complete and Sacha Greinner gave life to my SLK55 with the beautiful looking and sounding 5.4L NA M113 V8.

The car has been "Kleemannized" and has every bolt on part right now, I am very satisfied with the car after two years.
Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
604 Posts
my 2002 slk32 has a build date of 08/28/2001. so theres no plate on the supercharger. any way to find out who the genius was that built mine?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can't read my placard! Any idea how I might find a different way to trace who built mine?

1 - 20 of 232 Posts