Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention members!
Ride of the Month General Rules:

1. The Ride of the Month coordinator will put up a thread on the 1st of each month.
Submissions will be accepted until the 15th of this month (4 pm est). After the 15th, a poll will be setup and results posted after the polls close at the end of the month.
2. You must own the car.
3. No commercial advertising of any kind allowed when submitting pictures,
ie. no license plates from commercial vendors or sponsors.
4. Keep it clean. Cars only (No bathing suit models, etc).
5. Any previous winner cannot compete again.
6. Only SLK vehicles are eligible for the contest.
7. Only one vehicle at a time (if you own more than one slk) can be submitted.
8. You may submit 1 picture but no more than 3 pictures.
Just submit your picture(s) in the thread.
9. Members caught creating new accounts to increase their score will suffer disciplinary action.
10. Entrants should not solicit votes publicly or by private message for themselves or other entrants. In addition, members that belong to car clubs that have an entrant as a member, should not encourage their members to vote for the entrant. This makes the competition a popularity contest rather than a car contest. Those caught doing so will suffer disciplinary action/removal from competition.
11. In case of a tie, the moderators will decide the winner.

Prizes are:

* A site badge for your posting profile/user profile for the winner.
* Your car featured on the home page for the winner.
* A free one (1) year premium membership for the winner (if not currently a subscribing member).

·
Founding Member 2006
108,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In 2 hours, you will be, no?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured you would be impressed with my dedication to duty of the forum, making sure things happen when they are supposed to. Good thing I have Dave as my backup! :D

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
In a cold , blustery, rain sodden planet called Earth, huddled graciously in Dorset, she sits wet, dirty and cold, but alas unscathed, a scorn upon her brow in readiness for the trek home back to base. A deep growl awakens, the interior trembles as I press the accelerator, a smile passes across my face, knowing full well that man and machine become one, whatever the journey we will prevail together, with a roar in our hearts. This is her my "Nu Yai" au naturel ....

Okay, one more, the heart of my baby: http://i.imgur.com/z2p2I6W.jpg
:laugh:

As I am allowed '3' I thought that as I have both sets of wheels, I'd stick a comparison photo to see which one does best...>:D
http://i.imgur.com/zwD6tf7.png

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
In a cold , blustery, rain sodden planet called Earth, huddled graciously in Dorset, she sits wet, dirty and cold, but alas unscathed, a scorn upon her brow in readiness for the trek home back to base. A deep growl awakens, the interior trembles as I press the accelerator, a smile passes across my face, knowing full well that man and machine become one, whatever the journey we will prevail together, with a roar in our hearts. This is her my "Nu Yai" au naturel ....
I edited to display your pic inline...

Also, remember that you're allowed up to 3 pics too! :D

·
Read Only
0 Posts
My motorcycle substitute ..

.. at least that was what I thought last autumn when I bought it. Now, after a long winter of tuning, we are on the road. I just love that car! :)

Attachments

·
Founding Member 2006
108,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No color pics? :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
SLK In Hawaii

Here's my SLK, had some amazing weather the last few days, and decided to get the photography going, Parked here on one of Oahu's most loved, and Dangerous Beaches (during the summer) Where I often Body board the smaller days, this is back area where people go to fish/off-road and whatever.
Mountain in the interior shot is named "KoKo Head" a Dormant Volcano.
The Beach is named "Sandy Beach" there's a lot of sand...:surprise: I wanted to get shots of the Waves crashing but driving and SLK into sand isn't a good idea :grin:

Mahalo For Reading my run on sentences.:wink:

Attachments

·
Founding Member 2006
108,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let's enter folks!!!

Big prizes!!!

Prizes are:

* A site badge for your posting profile/user profile for the winner.
* Your car featured on the home page for the winner.
* A free one (1) year premium membership for the winner (if not currently a subscribing member).

·
Founding Member 2006
108,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you are permitted up to 3 pics to increase your chances

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe Doctor, but only 1 pic is of full car and members like to know what the color is, no? :D

·
Founding Member 2006
108,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ahhh but like politics
It is not what you like
But what the voters like

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
Maybe Doctor, but only 1 pic is of full car and members like to know what the color is, no? :D
"Me no care", it's the only one that counts :grin:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.