Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
The last two lines are perfect.

Those that know, know it isn't authentic.
Those that don't know, don't care.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Except they left off some important numbers...like 6.0, 36, 43, and 73...

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
LOL...don't mean to pick on you...but the C32, C36, and C43 only had dual exhaust, not quad.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL...don't mean to pick on you...but the C32, C36, and C43 only had dual exhaust, not quad.
Yup, gotta fix that, too. Had a member on the Lounge point out that his classic E55 is dual exhaust. I was never a car guy...until I got the SLK55. I have a lot to learn. Thank-you, sensei.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I honestly didn't even know what AMG was all about until after I purchased my recent SLK. Obviously I hadn't been as thorough with my research as I thought I had been. I think the AMG cars add more pizazz to the SLKs. I would have purchased an AMG SLK had I known what they actually were beforehand. C'est la vie. There's always next time!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have to admit, I do think it's funny when someone decides to upgrade their beater with badging. You have to assume at that point that the person just has a sense of humor and somehow just came by the badges and decided to throw them on a Pinto for the pure hilarity of it. It's hard to hate those people. :D

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Not to mention the ones on the lot that come with "the AMG bumper" and AMG wheels but aren't an AMG. I, too, didn't grasp this until after purchasing an SLK350, which was hard enough to find with all the other options I wanted. Thank goodness I hadn't (yet) caught AMG fever or I'd probably never have found the car of my dreams.

As an aside, I wasn't even looking for a Mercedes but the parking at the local auto mart was so crowded I had to walk through the MB dealership to get to the place where I'd scheduled to test drive another make. It was Thanksgiving weekend and on the way back, crossing through the lot they had a beautiful SLK front and center in the showroom with a gigantic bow on the hood, top down. Unbelievably, I went completely ignored by the sales team while sitting in the car and checking it out undisturbed. Fell in love right there in the showroom. Then I left and shopped for 4 weeks to find the perfect match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts