Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... so it's way too soon to claim victory, but i have just gone a whole week without a cigarette. my birthday was last week and i decided to celebrate by quitting. hopefully next july i'll be posting that i haven't had a cigarette in a whole year. wish me luck!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
ok... so it's way too soon to claim victory, but i have just gone a whole week without a cigarette. my birthday was last week and i decided to celebrate by quitting. hopefully next july i'll be posting that i haven't had a cigarette in a whole year. wish me luck!
Scott, Congratulations on your decision to quit cigarette smoking! and btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:tu: Kelly must be very proud. We'll be rooting for ya. Good job.

Victory is counted one day at a time. Seven victory days so far.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,161 Posts
Good for you. My wife quit smoking in 1968 at my request. Well, I sort of bribed her with a ring. But she is now a very anti-smoking person.

I hope you can stay off them. Good luck!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Congratulations! Every incentive to quit and no incentive to start again. I quit October 30, 1988. I had smoked for about fifteen years, and had quit several time for over a year each. My wife smokes and I'm big time anti-smoking. She smokes in her SLK and it drives me crazy.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very good news!

Good for you! It's clear from your posting that you had wanted to quit smoking for awhile and now the quiting part is behind you. Take it one day at a time my friend. Find a good replacement activity to take the place of lighting up. Something like..... maybe taking a walk around the block to get some fresh air, or, definitely, taking a quick spin in your SLK! :flag::flag:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I smoked in high school but quit shortly after, I will have one once a year when it's offer to me, never been into it though, smoking is bad for your health, quitting will not only make you healthier but save you money, can't beat that. oh yeah. happy b-day.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Moreover, your risk (health risk) starts to decrease within several weeks of quitting. Health and wealth. What a deal! Here's a tip: try to stay away from people that do smoke, lest your mouth start to water.

Just think: tomorrow, you'll have 8 days of victory. :tu: :bannana:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
You'll find the SLK's ashtray is a good coin holder!

Congrats! And great Discipline!

My mom tried everything for many years and couldn't. She gave me Asthma from being in the closed car with her smoking. One Mother's Day she told me she was going to a mass hypnosis for $39.00. I told her, It's your money and time to waste, I had since moved out. They had her empty her car ashtray in the parking lot, and it's been more then 20 years and she's never touched one again!

She would be dead now if she would not have. You see, saving that man's life, him crushing two disks in her thoracic region of her spine, then the two disks crushed later in her neck region from first a red then a white Jeep Grand Cherokee rear-ending her has made her bent over and she crushes her lungs. Without the 20% of clear lungs she can use, she would no longer be able to live.

Your stopping smoking not only is a benefit for you, but it will be a benefit for those who love you too! Do it for yourself AND them!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congratulations! A difficult step and a potentially life
saving one. Looks like you've got alot of support!:tu:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
good luck indeed!!!
i also smoke but wish i had never started. i intend to quit at end of this year, as smoking ban is in now in bars etc...and at the minute the smoking areas are where all the hot girls are...haha.
oh Happy Bday 2!!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
Happy Birthday and congratulations on finally quitting that nasty habit! Good health to you!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hang on Scott ... You have done the right choice ...

I quit 9 years ago ... My wife had to support me during two months ... And she has promised me that, if i smoke again, she will shout so strong that i will loose my ears ......

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.