Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Datsun will return to the automotive world in July, but only a part of it.
Autocar India reports that the first vehicle from the reborn car company will be unveiled in New Delhi on July 15th.
The five-door hatchback is to be powered by a 1.2-liter four-cylinder engine and be designed with a focus on comfort, fuel economy and affordability.
The brand is being revived by Nissan to do battle in the low-priced end of the market.
To that end, the vehicle is expected to be priced as low as $5,500 when it goes on sale next year.
Unfortunately for American fans of the original incarnation of Datsun, which changed its name to Nissan three decades ago, they’ll have to take a trip to the Eastern Hemisphere for a test drive.
The new car will be sold only in India, Russia and Indonesia initially, as it is being targeted primarily at emerging markets.
They can, however, take some solace in the fact that Nissan currently sells the cheapest car in the United States, the Versa, which has a base price of $12,780.
Of course, compared to the new Datsun, that doesn’t seem like nearly as good of a bargain as it used to.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a 1975 Datsun B210 (in that lovely burnt-orangish-yellow color). That was one fine automobile. I gave it to my brother after it had 172k miles on the clock - he drove it a few years and then sold it to a guy in the same town - not sure what happened to it then but I think everyone got their money's worth out of it....

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Datsun B210

I had a 1975 Datsun B210 (in that lovely burnt-orangish-yellow color). That was one fine automobile. I gave it to my brother after it had 172k miles on the clock - he drove it a few years and then sold it to a guy in the same town - not sure what happened to it then but I think everyone got their money's worth out of it....
Hey, I had a Datsun B210 as well. I think mine was a late 70s model and it was powder blue. It replaced my 1978 black Pontiac Trans Am. Now I loved that car!!!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I had a 1976 Datsun 260Z 2 seater , Australian no emission control.

My first sports car !

Man did that thing shift but had to be kept serviced and in tune....

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
In high school, I had a girlfriend that also bought her first car, a B210. It was yellow with black interior and black graphics and was a special edition called "The Honey Bee". In 1978 (I think) I bought MY first sports car and it was a 280Z. Boy, I loved that car and attracted lots of chicks with it! :)
In fact, that was my ride when my wife and I started dating! Great times and wonderful memories.

We got married and traded it in for a Camero, something with a back seat so we could begin to raise a family.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts