Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my Palm Springs trip two weeks ago, I started to prep the car for the long run I'm making: San Jose, CA to Houston, TX and back—visiting some family for Thanksgiving. It's all ready for the trip now, just waiting for the last top off of the fuel tank and final check of tire pressures before leaving.

I was a 5000 miles since the last service so I brought it in for a service check-through, oil and filter change, etc. The new high-output headlamp bulbs were installed and I've vetted the height adjustment is correct now. I've added the large screwdriver needed to adjust the low beam height to my stock of on-board tools, along with the precision tire pressure gauge and two LED flashlights, spare batteries. And I did a careful check of all tires, front and rear (the rears have just enough meat left to make the trip before replacement; the fronts are good enough I think they'll last until the new rears I fit then are worn out). I've got a half a dozen audio books, several hundred music CDs, and Apple Music loaded on the iPhone. I've charged both batteries for my camera and have it ready to go. My clothes and such are all laid out for packing.

All set! I leave tomorrow about noon. Eight to nine days on the road! This will be fun!

>:D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I will have 'net available on the road, but how much time I spend on-line is a question mark. There's driving to be done! :)

G

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,424 Posts
Don't forget your hat and sunscreen :grin:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all! First day out, made 550 miles from San Jose to Needles, CA. Car is running flawlessly, stereo/etc is working perfectly. And now to bed. ;-)

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,424 Posts
Don't forget your pics along the way :wink:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A bit east of Albuquerque now. The Stealth Spaceship running beautifully. I've made a few photos along the way, although not too many. Have to concentrate on driving... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts