Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very big thank you to UK-C200! Made up a broomstick tool and succesfully cleaned the back window. I know.......not a major accomplishment compared to a Smart Top mod or the like, but a great experience for me. (OCD types can't have dirty windows.)

Using the IR key to raise and park the top just did not work, but when John told me to start the car....initiate top down....switch car off....it worked like a charm.

I continue to benefit everyday from the experience and expertise of many SLKWorld members. Can't imagine being without SLKWorld!:tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
A very big thank you to UK-C200! Made up a broomstick tool and succesfully cleaned the back window. I know.......not a major accomplishment compared to a Smart Top mod or the like, but a great experience for me. (OCD types can't have dirty windows.)

Using the IR key to raise and park the top just did not work, but when John told me to start the car....initiate top down....switch car off....it worked like a charm.

I continue to benefit everyday from the experience and expertise of many SLKWorld members. Can't imagine being without SLKWorld!:tu:
Another vote for John (UK-C200).

Did you follow the "John's broomstick" DIY measurement?

Another way is to stand outside the vehicle at the left side (driver side) , use the IR to retract the roof with one hand (right hand) and have the broomstick on the other hand (to use as a measurement tool) until the roof retracts to maybe an inch longer than the broomstick length. Let go of IR remote key, put key in pocket and use the free right hand to hold the roof at its inner lining. Within a few minutes the hydraulic pump will lose pressure and the roof will start to move under gravity (either forward or backward), one can then use steady the roof unto the broomstick holder.

Best done with all windows in the down position beforehand (use 2 mouse-click quick) tap on the center roof control lever, key in position 2.

Reactions: Gregg

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Thanks for the kind words - just happened to be online at the right time in this case - loads of great people on this forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.