Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I have cleared the warning lights on my dash and used the forum to get some help so thank-you everyone who put the experience and knowledge out to help other owners.

I also managed to reprogram an extra remote following the instructions found on this forum. The previous owner originally gave me one remote and one spare key. Yesterday in the mail I got two more. The previous owner He must have found them around the house. It looks like one of them was the geniune MB remote so after changing the batteries and following the instructions on how to re-programme it, it works great. The other remote looks like an aftermarket remote with a spare key attacked. I don't have the right batteries for the aftermarket remote but I will try it once I do. Now I have gone from having one remote and a spare key to having two remotes and two spare keys with the potential to have a third remote (if the aftermarket one works). PS I sent a thank-you to the original owner for taking the time/postage to mail them to me. This guy was so nice he even talked to my mechanic to help figure out why the bulb warning light was on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.