Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a photo of littlekevs car the other day and I commented on how I liked the look of his wind deflector, full width and no Velcro straps.
littlekev sent me a link to the eBay site he bought it from, £69 including postage seemed like a great deal compared to others I have seen.
I ordered the last one they had in stock, fitted it in 10 minutes this morning, the longest part was siting the decals!!
Not sure about the star, what do you think? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439205901.139022.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439205919.116042.jpg
Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium member 2001 SLK320
800 Posts
how does that fit on Kev?

I might have one myself. It's not Velcro, does it fit on the stubs for the standard netting deflector?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, to fit it was simply a case of unscrewing the two "coat hooks", sliding the screen into place over the studs you refer to, there is a narrow channel cut into the perspex for this, the studs help secure the screen and then securing in place with the coat scew hooks...........all pre cut and a good tight fit.

The Mercedes Benz vinyl covers the holes the bottom of the coat hooks clicked into.

Regards all

John

·
Registered
667 Posts
Looks good !!!! After the 2 screws in the middle how does it attached to the end on both sides by the passenger and drivers side nead the doors?

jnc1948

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take a photo in the morning to make it clear, basically there are two vertical cuts in the Perspex and the buttons slide into these slots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
I replaced the mesh one with one of these over the weekend. Much better and not distracting in the rear view mirror like the mesh one. Plus you can leave it permanently attached with the roof up.

Agree, longest part of fitting is positioning the logo.

Great for £69

·
800 Posts
and a big plus one on this thread

I picked mine up in person this afternoon. Very friendly fellas they are.
a very ingenious fitting solution and no unsightly Velcro or cable ties ( which is where my caveman engineering skills would have led me).

Fitted in 10 mins, including dry-positioning run. I haven't stuck the decals on yet, as I (politely) asked for two star roundels, wanting to fit them in line with the rollover-bar apertures to not obscure rearward vision.

A nice product and very well-made.:laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had a great drive today from Bridlington to Leeds via Sledmere, Stamford Bridge and York...........found a problem with the difuser............it resonates at about 65 to 75 mph.........will have to insert a few rubber pads tomorow to see if that will do the trick

·
800 Posts
funny you should say that

the lads at InterCar said that's why they modified the design to put a bit of stress into the panel as it sat there. I 'tested' mine today at M'way speed ( lovely day for it) and noted a little rattle. I didn't tighten the coathook screws as much as I might have done, I'm a bit cautious with perspex. I took them out, slipped a thick washer either side, and re-torqued, quite tightly. If the weather holds tomorrow, I'll repeat the test and report back.:wink:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After a bit of messing around I managed to stop the perspex vibrating on the back of the roll hoops at anything over 65/70 mph, however the "squeeking" noises from where it touched other parts of the car interior have made me take it off and consign it to the shed.

It looks a darn site better than the mesh, unfortunately it doesnt do the job any where near as well.

Mesh it is for me.

Regards all

John

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,206 Posts
Try our sponsor Windrestrictor. No complaints on vibrations from those that have it. Just sayin'

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.