Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! Thanks so much for having this friendly and knowledge packed forum here for me to join. I don't own an SLK yet, but I'm strongly considering acquiring a nice R170 SLK 230 kompressor with Manual as the basis for a new project. This would be my first SLK but not my first Mercedes. As a little background, my first MB was a 72 220D that fell into my hands 15 years ago. It turned out to be such a great little car I went on to buy a dozen more MB diesels, W123s, 124s and 126s. When I needed a new Truck I discovered Unimogs and ended up with four of those. My favorite was my U416 Doka. Currently I'm down to one car, a 2000 S500. I also have a clone MB Star Das computer and interface. I haven't had a lot of reason to use it yet but the few times I have it has been darn handy to have. I look forward to learning enough to be a valuable contributor. I'll do my best not to offend anyone with my somewhat sacrilegious ideas.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

This is our last meet
43 SLKs

http://www.slkworld.com/u-s-florida/393097-picture-thread-florida-oktoberfest-picnic-october-29-2016-a.html

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member
14,890 Posts
Welcome from Phoenix AZ.

A W114/115 and 123 Owner and owing a Doka is a friend of mine.:grin::grin: I owned plenty of W110/111 114/115 and 123 myself back in the days those cars have been real Mercedes.:wink:

·
Super Moderator
25,328 Posts
Welcome from Wirral, England.

You may well know this stuff, but just in case...

Worth getting a Datacard as mentioned above, for every car that you look at before you buy:
Vehicle Data Card - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Check list for the serious contenders:
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/68666-new-used-vehicle-pickup-checklist.html

Recalls as your in the USA:
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/331321-recalls-look-up-vin-vehicle-identification-number-usa-only.html

Florida is a happy community. Just ask Jbanks :D :D
Here's the regional thread for them:
U.S. Florida - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Make sure that you test drive with roof up and down.
Listen for rattles roof up.
Check out the rear parcel shelf roof down.

Look forward to seeing what you bag yourself.

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
Hi and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us and posting an intro! :)

·
Super Moderator
11,849 Posts
Welcome from Canada :grin:

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

I might know someone here in California who has the exact same SLK 230 with manual transmission & low mileage and they may be selling it soon. Send me an email it's in my signature below.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts