Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on another forum and thought I would pass it on...

What: The First Houston/DFW GTG

When: Saturday, July 29, 2006.

Where: The town of Centerville, TX. Located at the midway point between Houston and Dallas on I-45, about 1hr, 30mins from each city. We'll plan to get there around 2PM, and get together for lunch at Woody's Smokehouse on the northbound side of I-45. After lunch, we'll head to Fort Boggy State Park on Highway 75, South of Centerville for photo opportunities.

Leaving from Houston...We'll be meeting at the Cracker Barrel at 14765 North Freeway. Houston, TX 77090. Take the Airtex exit (exit 63) from either direction to get there. We plan to meet up at 12:00PM, and depart for Centerville at 12:30PM. If you would like to have a late breakfast or early lunch while you're there, you're welcome to arrive earlier than 12:00PM, but just be ready to leave at 12:30PM.

Since we're having so many responses from cities other than Houston and Dallas/Ft.Worth on the other forums, we can just call this a Texas MB meet instead of a Houston/DFW MB meet. Everybody's welcome, no matter what city you're from.

Look forward to seeing you there!

SLKman

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Makes me want to drive to Texas. Please don't forget to post pictures/videos.

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Ohhhhh......I'm there!!

I'll also bring my High Definition Video camera!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I'm certain I cannot be there now. ;( was really hoping I could get back from England sooner. But it's going to be a sunday 30th flight. Oh well hope everyone has a great time and hopefully I can make the next one.

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
easty.....that stinks but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do right??

As of now everything looks good for me but I know I am headed out to Los Angeles on Sunday the day after. Hopefully the drive isn't too bad.

Anyone know how long of a drive it is from Dallas?? I'm actually in Rowlett, TX.

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife and I will be there.
Driving up from Houston.
Should be a fun time.

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Well..........Everyone....this is what I dreaded.

I will not be able to go to the meeting on Saturday morning/afternoon the 29th of July.

I will be coming back from Los Angeles late Friday night (1 AM) to turn right around Sunday afternoon and head back to LA.

Sorry guys.....I will have to do this another time.........:(

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bummer!:( Was looking forward to meeting you along with everyone else.

Ok. Next time.

SLKman

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
SLKman said:
Bummer!:( Was looking forward to meeting you along with everyone else.

Ok. Next time.

SLKman
Me too.....I was so stoked about meeting the guys from Houston.......argh!!!

After this weekend my schedule in LA will be going out Sunday nights and coming home Thursday night getting into Dallas around 1am on Friday morning but will have all day Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday for the next 8 weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry I can not join you

Sorry I can not join you but Saturdays are usually busy days for me. :mad:

If something like this was scheduled for Sunday, I could participate.:D

It sure sounds like a very nice adventure.:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry I can not be there

Sorry I can not be there, Saturdays are busy days for me.:mad:

If something like this could be scheduled for a Sunday, that would be great for me. :D

Sure sounds like a great adenture.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts