Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was an 09 c63 amg, black on black with every option except the performance package.
Pros:
-Nice exhaust note. Very deep on the outside. Not as loud as my slk is on the inside (I have x-pipe)
-Great steering wheel and paddles.
-Intuitive Nav and Music control.
-Good accelerations and cool throttle blips.
-Well built with nice materials in the interior.

Cons/Not-So-Sure:
-While it was fast on accelerations it didn't feel much faster than my slk.
-The steering felt "light" in comparison to my slk. I know the C supposed to out handles the slk but it just didn't "feel" right for me. Especially on full throttle take offs. the back wheels felt like they had no grip. Floating.
-It was a bit tight. I know the slk is no S-class but the c still felt cramped. Perhaps it’s the bolstered seat. My friend and I are both on the skinny side but it still felt quite small inside.

Over all I thought it was a nice car. I had worries about loving it so much that I would hate my drive back in my slk but that wasn't the case. My old girl still felt pretty awesome. At least for another year or so until the lease expires.
By the way, I had never had a test drive where the sale person wasn't with me. He just handed me the key and said "have fun, just try to not get any tickets" and off we go. Should have done some burn outs ;)

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Just finished reading the new issue of Star Magazine that arrived today. They had an AMG track event at Thunderhill where the C63 was the clear favorite of all in attendence. Lots of statements akin to "best all-around high-performance sports sedan on the road today" and references elsewhere in the mag to it trouncing the BWM M3 and Audi RS4 in the recent Car-and-Driver head-to-head.

Probably worthy to note that this is the first "clean sheet" MB that AMG ever produced. It is not a product of taking a existing MB as a starting point; it's AMG designed from the wheels up as I understand it.

Pretty impressive car for the money. It is rated only a fraction faster in the 60 (4.3s) than the SLK55's "real numbers", so I am not surprised it didn't feel much different for you. The sheer size and weight differences likely come into play when considering performance perceptions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.